2019 Ram 2500 Hitch Height

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SGTrucks

Reaction score
2019 Dodge Ram 2500. towing a keystone 239ml.

The 2.5 Receiver sits at 22 (bottom) to 24.5 (top) inches.
The Bottom of the hitch receiver on the trailer when level sits at 24.25 Inches (the bottom flat part where the ball goes up and in to).

I don't think I need a lower level drop hitch as the ball is only up a few inches and the weight of the trailer on the ball will drop it an inch or two putting enough pressure.

Thoughts about a drop hitch vs a straight hitch (both I will have stabilizer / distribution on).

Thanks.

2003F350

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
I would always get something with an adjustable draw bar, for future use or resale - most WDH setups come like this already anyway. Chances are your next trailer will be at a different height, OR if you sell the trailer and hitch, their truck may well be at a different height.

Because of the design, an adjustable draw bar will still let you get to a 'straight line' if you need it to.

All that said, your truck is going to squat SOME, how much I can't say for sure, the WDH will bring it back up a bit but again not really sure how much, depends on the setup.

Regardless, the BEST way to set things up is at a CAT scale.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357