2019 Ram 2500 OEM Gooseneck hitch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SW79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello everyone. I have a 2019 Ram 2500 that I bought in 2020 but did not come with the factory gooseneck/fifth wheel hitch. I need to buy a trailer in the spring and I’m not sure if I want a bumper pull or gooseneck. I’m leaning towards the bumper pull.
(Just for reference the trailer I’m looking at will be a 24/26 foot deck over to haul a John Deere model 60, 40 tractors plus ATV’s.and obviously other miscellaneous items .)
So, my question is has anyone had the OEM gooseneck/ fifth wheel hitch installed by a dealer and what is the round about cost?
Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

Steve W

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
^^^ what he said, the B&W Turnoverball gooseneck hitch. For a fiver hitch B&W offers the Companion hitch that locks into the Turnoverball and has both a regular and slider variants if needed for a 6.4' bed.
Also there's kits available to add the 7-pin trailer plug to the bed that also keeps the one on the bumper working.

2003F350

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
^^^ what he said, the B&W Turnoverball gooseneck hitch. For a fiver hitch B&W offers the Companion hitch that locks into the Turnoverball and has both a regular and slider variants if needed for a 6.4' bed.
Also there's kits available to add the 7-pin trailer plug to the bed that also keeps the one on the bumper working.

The only thing I caution on the Companion now, is that they've changed how it installs to the Turnover system. It USED to just be an eccentric that you would tighten down after installing the square peg and the base. They have 'updated' it to a torqued bolt, and if you over-torque it too many times you'll strip the threads out.

A LOT of their consumers and even installers are requesting that they go back to the eccentric for longevity, otherwise users have to carry a torque wrench with them to install their hitch.

The rest of the hitch is still built like a tank, and the Turnover Ball system is one of the best gooseneck hitches on the market.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
They have 'updated' it to a torqued bolt, and if you over-torque it too many times you'll strip the threads out.
If I read the destructions correctly that bolt only needs 60 ft/lbs, I'm guessing people are running that bolt home like wheel studs. It's just to keep tension on the pin.

OP
OP
SW79

SW79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank you for the replies. It helped me in making my decision.

Steve W

nlambert182

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
As a previous owner of both the factory Mopar system and the B&W turnover ball system either work 100% fine. However, if I didn't already have the Mopar installed, I would absolutely choose B&W first.

2003F350

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
If I read the destructions correctly that bolt only needs 60 ft/lbs, I'm guessing people are running that bolt home like wheel studs. It's just to keep tension on the pin.
I don't know what the torque rating is offhand, my FIL was looking into one and that is how we discovered it has been 'updated'. I seem to remember the installer telling him it was a low number, I think he mentioned 80 but it might be as low as 60.

My dad has an older model, with the eccentric system. He has never had to service it other than greasing the lube points.

It wouldn't surprise me if people are running that bolt home like a wheel stud - 60 ft lbs isn't much, really. It's not even a full Ugga.

truck2569

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello everyone. I have a 2019 Ram 2500 that I bought in 2020 but did not come with the factory gooseneck/fifth wheel hitch. I need to buy a trailer in the spring and I’m not sure if I want a bumper pull or gooseneck. I’m leaning towards the bumper pull.
(Just for reference the trailer I’m looking at will be a 24/26 foot deck over to haul a John Deere model 60, 40 tractors plus ATV’s.and obviously other miscellaneous items .)
So, my question is has anyone had the OEM gooseneck/ fifth wheel hitch installed by a dealer and what is the round about cost?
Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

Steve W
B+W all the way cost is much lower with a B+W and if you didn't want to buy new for the 5th wheel part there are lots of them for sale on RV marketplace. Cost for the B+W goose neck attachment check out E trailers they have the most recent pricing on them and everything you need. When I installed mine I bought all my stuff from E-Trailer and went to a friends shop we installed the unit in a day. That was 7 years ago.

nlambert182

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I've had the B&W in both of my 2500s and the factory Mopar in my 3500. Honestly didn't really notice a difference in performance for either one. I'd suggest the B&W for cost and ease of install.

quickster2

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Laramie 2500 4 X 4
Engine
6.4L
Before my current truck I just paid a local shop to install the Reese system I had for both a 5th wheel and Gooseneck on a few trucks. Just make sure to specify where you want the hitch relative to the axle and that they use a thick rustroofing spray around all of the openings they make. E-Trailer is a good place to shop.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thoffmann517