2019 Ram buyers please read

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kevin1106

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I posted this in a thread earlier, but thought I’d make a post about it...hope this hasn’t been covered already.

For those of you who have purchased a 2019, check you window sticker.. if you have the tow mirrors your window sticker might also say you have the surround view camera. Chrysler caught on to this a little while ago, but lots of new trucks that have the tow mirrors also says it’s equipped with the surround view camera, when it does not.

I got this information from my local dealer. I attached a few examples. Chrysler’s is offering huge discounts for this mistake ( from what I was told by my dealer ) 3C0CD6A3-2E06-49C7-88AB-F336741EA940.jpegDA4B4056-7777-4E2F-B65B-EB1379F86D2A.jpeg

ScottFL

U.S. Navy Gulf War Vet
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 RAM 1500 Laramie Longhorn 4X4
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Wonder how they are gonna make it right for all the owners holding one of those in their hands?

TimboRam77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've been in the hunt for a 19 to my spec and ran into this issue. I am now seeing corrected window stickers. The stickers still show surround cameras but state the delete also. Most sales personal are clueless. I believe you also will be missing the electric folding feature also if you get TOW mirrors...

whodeysrt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have mine listed on my sticker. What would be there remedy seeing they are correcting the ones not out yet?

Money back?..if so it won't be much seeing this was a big package for the $2500.

I'll run it buy my sales guy when I talk to him next.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Interesting, my guess is this is something they will be adding but the early 19’s won’t get it

OP
OP
Kevin1106

Kevin1106

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have mine listed on my sticker. What would be there remedy seeing they are correcting the ones not out yet?

Money back?..if so it won't be much seeing this was a big package for the $2500.

If you try to make a big deal out of it, I’m sure you can get more off... if I was in your shoes, I’d say i bought this truck for that feature and make a big deal out of it... I’d even go as far as wanting a new truck or 10k back. You have the upper hand due to false advertising on Chrysler’s part. Personally I’d be pissed.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyone know if they had the wrong information on the build sheets as well?

OP
OP
Kevin1106

Kevin1106

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Anyone know if they had the wrong information on the build sheets as well?
I just checked and didn’t see it listed on the build sheet.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just checked and didn’t see it listed on the build sheet.

Good to know, I generally always refer to the build sheets before I buy so I'm glad that it is accurate.

Manshoon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram1500 Limited CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi onDa Brain
One question I have on these new trucks and their limited Warranties. After the initial 3years 36k is the rest of the Warranty a 50/50 split on parts and labor ?

I would think the dealerships wouldn't do much for anyone less just replace the window sticker with the correct description/options.

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
One question I have on these new trucks and their limited Warranties. After the initial 3years 36k is the rest of the Warranty a 50/50 split on parts and labor ?

I would think the dealerships wouldn't do much for anyone less just replace the window sticker with the correct description/options.
The rest of the warranty is a powertrain warranty for another 2 years 24K miles that covers the engine,transmission,rearend and transfer case if you have one. They will fix it at no cost to you for parts or labor. Of course if your Uconnect takes a **** its not covered. Honestly I would get the Maxcare warranty for however long you plan on keeping the truck. It would really suck to have to replace something expensive out of pocket on a vehicle that your still paying payments on.

Blotterhead

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
AH CRAP!

So I'm not going to get the 360 surround camera because I chose the tow package??? Was this warning originally on the website? AHhhhhdfsgasdfkjhngaskjd

Last edited:

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just seen a 19 today, just checked it out a little bit as I was working. I must say it's a beautiful truck. The one I seen was a CC, 4x4, 1500, Longhorn. Beautiful truck. Only 2 detractors, $57k, and it's so damn pretty I'd be afraid to use it as a truck.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Kevin1106

Kevin1106

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
AH CRAP!

So I'm not going to get the 360 surround camera because I chose the tow package??? Was this warning originally on the website? AHhhhhdfsgasdfkjhngaskjd

Was at my dealer today, little pissed because my truck still wasn’t there, but we was talking about this issue today... I asked him, if I purchased this truck for that feature what would be done for this mistake... my dealer said I could turn it back in and get another truck...without having to worry about losing any money. Just FYI.. Hopefully this helps.. my dealer felt bad for my delay in shipping so they gave me a 2019 limited to drive for now until mine gets there... so I couldn’t really argue anymore. I must say, this is a nice ass truck.

D8ECAE14-E506-4E90-B1BA-13F84C874E10.jpeg

OP
OP
Kevin1106

Kevin1106

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
AH CRAP!

I’d go back to the dealer with my window sticker in hand and ask, WHERE IS THIS FEATURE? You paid for it cause it’s on your window sticker.. if anything you’ll get some $$$ back.. don’t just let this go without going back to your dealer.. Chrysler is fully aware of this. If you want this feature, demand a new truck... shouldn’t be a problem.

Blotterhead

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’d go back to the dealer with my window sticker in hand and ask, WHERE IS THIS FEATURE? You paid for it cause it’s on your window sticker.. if anything you’ll get some $$$ back.. don’t just let this go without going back to your dealer.. Chrysler is fully aware of this. If you want this feature, demand a new truck... shouldn’t be a problem.

I talked to the dealer. They are confirming, and if it doesn't have a 360 camera they will order another one for me. It was supposed to be here in two weeks though. ahh!

On the MOPAR website, they are selling just the brake controller. I wish that could have been an option, without having to get the entire towing group! So now, you have to order the truck without the tow group, then buy and install the tow controller, that is so stupid.

oe542bob

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi eTorque 5.7
You can order a truck with just the trailer brake control. If it doesn’t have it, it can be added at the dealer.

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins

I had this happen to me on my 2013 RAM, the WS listed the 3:55 axle ratio (standard with the 6-speed tranny) but the truck came with 3:21's, standard with the 8-speed tranny which the truck came with.

A window sticker is a contract between you and the selling dealer (in all 50 states). The dealer will have an issue with Chrysler. I knew this up-front and used this knowledge to force a meeting with the dealer and Chrysler's district rep. I threaten a buy-back (which they really hate) but settled for a Maxcare lifetime $0 deductible warranty, stainless bed rails, and a Mopar $500 gift certificate.

If you go this route, be prepared for dealer resistance, they will try to get out of the loop, be persistent and get the dealership's management involved and have them set up the meeting with the rep.

When an issue like this is discovered, Chrysler will issue a stop sale to the dealers who don't always pay attention to the order. Chrysler will re-issue the window sticker but note, it is a secondary window sticker, the original must be visible along with the corrected WS and provided to the purchaser.