2020 2500 shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NotSoFast

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 liter diesel
My 2020 2500 diesel with 33,000 miles just lost a shock. Should I replace all four? I tow moderate weight about half the time and travel on washboard roads occasionally. I had no particular issues with the OEM shocks until one blew out. If I should replace them, what should take their place?
Thanks everyone.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
you can go low cost but better than oem with Bilstein 5100's or you can upgrade to something that will handle the washboard roads much better. Mostly depends on what your willing to spend. If you want to discuss options and pricing feel free to message me. We offer most brands and can help you choose something that fits your needs and budget. I would recommend replacing them all especially if you go with a better quality shock

Last edited:

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
My 2020 2500 diesel with 33,000 miles just lost a shock. Should I replace all four? I tow moderate weight about half the time and travel on washboard roads occasionally. I had no particular issues with the OEM shocks until one blew out. If I should replace them, what should take their place?
Thanks everyone.

I would replace them all. Nick above gives good prices and quality parts. If you are towing and on bad roads.
I personally would pick a better , then cheapest. Depends what you can afford.

flashman252

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Dont mean to hijack this thread, but looking at shocks myself. Definitely plan on putting thuren replacement coils and track bar in the front. I am only going to do the 1" lift as I still like a little rake in my truck when empty. But going to do shocks first. I am between the 5100's and fox 2.0's. If you all had a choice, what would be your choice?

Razzman

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited CCSB
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Exact setup I have now along with the Thuren sway bar which imo is a must. My choice was the Fox 2.0, have no regrets.

Attachments

• truck_VOG.jpg
    truck_VOG.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Bike_Pilot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Dont mean to hijack this thread, but looking at shocks myself. Definitely plan on putting thuren replacement coils and track bar in the front. I am only going to do the 1" lift as I still like a little rake in my truck when empty. But going to do shocks first. I am between the 5100's and fox 2.0's. If you all had a choice, what would be your choice?
As understand you have to run Thuren shocks and springs together and can't mix and match with stock bits as the Thuren stuff is longer. As for which shocks I ordered both King 3.0s and Bilsteins. I got the Bilsteins to hold me over for a few months while the Kings were being built and so I'd have something to run if I ever send the Kings in for servicing.

The Bilsteins combined with Thuren springs work quite well. I think most would be happy with them. I haven't run the foxes so can't comment on them. I hope to get the Kings mounted up this weekend or next.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Put Bilstein on my 96 2500 V10 at about 65,000 miles. If I had known how much they improved the ride I would have done it from new. Ordered the 2021 2500 with Bilsteins as they come on the off road package. Never ran Fox so no opinion on them. Both pickups spend 70-80% of their miles not on pavement.

OP
OP
N

NotSoFast

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 liter diesel
I have been running the Fox 2.0 shocks for a few weeks now. So far no towing or washboard roads. They are definitely stiffer than the factory shocks. Bumps are transmitted more and there is almost no bouncing.