2021 limited pricing feed back

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jerid

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Custom
Engine
5.7L Hemi Etorque
So Curious if you guys think this is a good price. The truck build is custom for me, with a MSRP $74,***. The build is at the end of the post in the link. My first intent is cash purchase, but financing $5000 to help my fico also sounds like an idea. Is it high? Low, or good? Be honest with me, and thanks in advance!!

Cash price: $61,649 plus tax and fees
Finance via Chrysler Cap: $61,149 plus tax @ 0.0%
External finance: $62,649 plus tax

The only incentive applied is my grandfather's retiree discount which knocks it from $74,*** to $61,149. No other incentives....

The truck:
https://www.truecar.com/new-cars-for-sale/listing/1C6SRFHT7MN657653/2021-ram-1500/

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
The real question is do you think it is. You will hear "yes, great deal" and then stories about how others got their deals. You have a decent discount, but nothing else. Maybe you can search your build to another dealer that someone recommends. But it is a not the best time to buy a truck, low inventory is putting pressure on prices although used market is hot so increased trade in value may mitigate that. However you go, what you pay will fade, but the enjoyment of the vehicle can start sooner or later. Good luck on the eventual purchase and post pictures whenever it happens.

OP
OP
J

Jerid

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Custom
Engine
5.7L Hemi Etorque
The real question is do you think it is. You will hear "yes, great deal" and then stories about how others got their deals. You have a decent discount, but nothing else. Maybe you can search your build to another dealer that someone recommends. But it is a not the best time to buy a truck, low inventory is putting pressure on prices although used market is hot so increased trade in value may mitigate that. However you go, what you pay will fade, but the enjoyment of the vehicle can start sooner or later. Good luck on the eventual purchase and post pictures whenever it happens.

It's at the dealership already. Schedule pick up is one week from Saturday. Figured I'd see what people think. Thanks for the response! Pics attached!!

IMG_20210219_122747.jpg

IMG_20210219_122723.jpg

IMG_20210219_122729.jpg

IMG_20210219_122750.jpg

IMG_20210219_122742.jpg

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Man, that is nice. I really like that 2 tone interior. I would be happy with that deal especially seeing it in person, enjoy your ride!

Chuffnut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That pricing is very close to the price I paid for an almost identically optioned '21 Limited. I say go for it.

BNeal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The price looks good, but I would still request an itemized (stress itemized) out the door price in writing before you make the deal. They are good at burring things in the final paperwork and they can be easily overlooked.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
18% off MSRP is pretty good. I'd be happy with that deal if I was shopping for a Limited. Rambox is a great option too. Why are you waiting so long to pick it up if it's already at the dealership?

OP
OP
J

Jerid

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Custom
Engine
5.7L Hemi Etorque
[QUOTE="mikeru, Why are you waiting so long to pick it up if it's already at the dealership?[/QUOTE]

Work has me out of State, so getting there to sign the papers has been delayed. I think (and understand) they're a little frustrated by that. But, my job entails travel.

Haha, maybe if they had found my desired build or close to it, I would not have had to custom order it. Sigh.... But I promise, I want it yesterday :) Thanks for the reply.

I was reading postings saying 14mpg on the highway is normal. Is that correct for this 5.8 V8 E.Torque? If so, that sucks... Almost as bad as a toyota

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Work has me out of State, so getting there to sign the papers has been delayed. I think (and understand) they're a little frustrated by that. But, my job entails travel.

Haha, maybe if they had found my desired build or close to it, I would not have had to custom order it. Sigh.... But I promise, I want it yesterday :) Thanks for the reply.

I was reading postings saying 14mpg on the highway is normal. Is that correct for this 5.8 V8 E.Torque? If so, that sucks... Almost as bad as a toyota
Haha...I guess it would be a little difficult to take delivery remotely.

People post fuel economy numbers that are all over the place. I can only speak for myself. I haven't taken my truck on any drives that are long enough to calculate highway mpg, but it's currently reporting my average fuel economy to be about 14.5 mpg. Which is city and highway combined. If I really try I can get that up to over 16. But where's the fun in that? :D

Bill A

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nothing wrong with putting a small FCA loan on the truck to earn an extra rebate to be applied to the price. I picked up my special ordered limited this month and they applied a $1500 rebate to the negotiated price which I would have lost if I hadn't paid cash so make sure you are getting the whole story.

BNeal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
People post fuel economy numbers that are all over the place. I can only speak for myself. I haven't taken my truck on any drives that are long enough to calculate highway mpg, but it's currently reporting my average fuel economy to be about 14.5 mpg. Which is city and highway combined. If I really try I can get that up to over 16. But where's the fun in that? :D

Same here. I don't know where FCA came up with those numbers, but I can't even get close to what they claim for MPG.

OP
OP
J

Jerid

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Custom
Engine
5.7L Hemi Etorque
Haha...I guess it would be a little difficult to take delivery remotely.

That's some *****y mileage bud! Sounds like the E torque really don't do much? I hit 104 miles high way just to get to work so I may have a bit of a difference in that regard. The positive, my jobs only one mile off.the highway so it should be true highway mileage.

Thanks for the response

OP
OP
J

Jerid

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Custom
Engine
5.7L Hemi Etorque
How many weeks did it take to build/ delivery

Ordered Dec 31, delivered at dealership Feb 10. The actual build once started took 13 days. Spent almost that time on a train to travel 87 miles from the plant to my dealership.

I'll be taking full ownership later this week.