2021 Power Wagon weird Control Switch (Transfer Case) LED response in cold Weather conditions <30F

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Power Wagon Chief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Power Wagon
Engine
Screen Shot 2024-02-06 at 6.53.57 PM.png2021 Power Wagon weird Control Switch (Transfer Case) LED response in cold Weather conditions <30F.

I have observed a number of times on the instrument panel, when in 2WD the switch LED flashes along with the switch Axle Unlock LED until the cabin temperature increases above 40F. A similar condition was observed when 4WD High was selected (it would flash) and again the Axle Unlock LED would also flash. There is no issue when pushing the corresponding pushbutton going into 4WD High or 2WD from a transfer case standpoint, just the LED's flashing in cold weather conditions.

Has anyone seen this condition? Is there a fix? I'm concerned that the fix may not be worth the squeeze or just cause additional issues. The truck is still under warrantee. I showed video's of the issue to dealership where I bought the truck and they were not aware or heard of any similar issues but will be checking into it.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

PW Chief

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-02-06 at 7.45.46 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-02-06 at 7.45.46 PM.png
    112.5 KB · Views: 4
OP
OP
P

Power Wagon Chief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Power Wagon
Engine
Well the dealer replaced the switch assembly and with temps in the low 20's it appears to have fixed the problem (no more LED flicker).

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
My 2500 has done that but only when the cab was below -30. Never worried about it, works fine once the cab warms up.