2022 power wagon, possible starter going?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dannycameo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Here is a video in a quiet garage of my 2022 power wagon with 20,000 km and 9 months old. In this video it's pretty self-explanatory, I believe that's the starter going. Anybody else had a starter go this early? Especially on the 6.4 l. I have two videos of it in the second video I'm outside trying to recreate it it's not quite as loud, the phone will not pick it up yet I can hear it. Obviously it's under warranty. Will send it to my tech Monday cuz I don't need the truck this weekend and we'll book it in to the dealership next week.
No dash lights, warning lights were coming on at all when I found the noise of the starter? I was midway home on last leg of holiday trip when video was taken.
I'll post both videos video one you can hear the noise in the quiet garage, video 2 is outside and trying to recreate the noise 5 days later.
Note while driving truck home from holiday trip, this is when I found the noise, was on the last leg home and parked in heated garage, which was quiet, to load up few holiday items. it's been parked for 5 days and hasn't been driven since.

Video two

Last edited:

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
does not sound like the starter, to me, but more of an eletrical energizing componenet

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Might be wrong. But that sound in first video didn't sound like 'normal' bad starter noise to me.

Since it's only 9 months, I'd bring it to dealer without driving it.
I wouldn't mention you drive it home with that. If is something serious. they could blame you for driving it.

OP
OP
Dannycameo

Dannycameo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was mid trip home and there was no warning lights whatsoever, or I would have not continued on. I hear what you're saying though.