2024 Tradesman 2500 suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

parnona

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Just bought a 2024 2500 Tradesman 6.4 Hemi gas after selling my 2011 RAM 1500 Lone Star that had 208,833 miles. I have the level 2 equipment group and there are three available aux connections and I was looking to install fog lights. The front bumper has the cutout for the fog lights. Any recommendations?

I also want to install running boards since my wife is already complaining about getting in and out of the truck. I don't want electronic boards and will go the fixed route but not sure how long I want the bracket. We have property and no rocks or areas where the running boards will scrape and I'm thinking about a 6" drop to be on the safe side. Any brand running boards to stay away from?

Thanks,

Paul

Nickx86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I went with the factory ram running boards on both of my trucks, the factory black ram ones are aluminum and not cheap painted steel that will rust in a few years

Drummin4jc

WWG1WGA!
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Ram 2500 CC
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Just bought a 2024 2500 Tradesman 6.4 Hemi gas after selling my 2011 RAM 1500 Lone Star that had 208,833 miles. I have the level 2 equipment group and there are three available aux connections and I was looking to install fog lights. The front bumper has the cutout for the fog lights. Any recommendations?

I also want to install running boards since my wife is already complaining about getting in and out of the truck. I don't want electronic boards and will go the fixed route but not sure how long I want the bracket. We have property and no rocks or areas where the running boards will scrape and I'm thinking about a 6" drop to be on the safe side. Any brand running boards to stay away from?

Thanks,

Paul
Congrats on your purchase! I don't really have any recommendations on the fog lights for you but as far as the running boards go, I completely agree with what Nickx86 said. I would steer clear of the EBay items that cost $200ish. They will rust and only give you problems down the road. Invest in a nicer set like the Mopar factory steps. Best of luck!

Adam

OP
OP
parnona

parnona

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I was at the dealership this week and will go with the Mopar wheel to wheel running boards and install them myself. The local truck accessory shop nearby wanted $930 for Westin wheel to wheel installed and $550 for Raptor door to door boards.

2003F350

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Same with the fog lights, I believe much of the harness should be there (though on newer trucks they may have removed it). If it's there, you can purchase factory fog light components and the factory fog light-capable light switch and install them all, and it will be plug-and-play.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357