2500 bumper on 1500 The Polock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rammered

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I went the route of putting a 2500 bumper on a 1500 4th Gen. I didn't know the Ram lineup before I bought this Destroyed truck.
So I call mine the Polock.. Its got hint's Power wagon and the Warlock
I'm not done with this yet.
Whats involved you ask... a serious pain in the butt...
So I used the
STANDARD HOOD
AFTERMARKET REBEL GRILL -WITH SQUARE CORNERS- I think its shorter. bottom edge of grill lines up with the plastic parts under the headlights.
SORTA-FIT 2500 bumper.
Plastic shrouds under headlights.
Fender liners for 2500. I have not bought these yet.
Im waiting on bolts to put the show hooks on.
Still got to paint the matt black.
Serious custom brackets. to mount bumper. I have read someone else saying this is easy. Maybe for a full time fabricator. I bet i put this bumper on off 6 times before i knocked out a solid plan.
Also if you want to use the show hooks you will need to mount them to plates to shift off center.
This whole thing took some serious engineering to get to fit up to the standard frame plates correctly.
(not Modifying them)
The 2500 frame is wider without the frame pates on end.
Would there be any interest in fab kit???
The bumper brackets are very large made of .100 steel same as bumper thickness. These brackets replace the 2500 brackets completely.
The show hooks plates are 3/8" thick. I call them show hooks because there not intended for use.20200224_191730.jpg 20200225_163840.jpg

slickwilly63

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I went the route of putting a 2500 bumper on a 1500 4th Gen. I didn't know the Ram lineup before I bought this Destroyed truck.
So I call mine the Polock.. Its got hint's Power wagon and the Warlock
I'm not done with this yet.
Whats involved you ask... a serious pain in the butt...
So I used the
STANDARD HOOD
AFTERMARKET REBEL GRILL -WITH SQUARE CORNERS- I think its shorter. bottom edge of grill lines up with the plastic parts under the headlights.
SORTA-FIT 2500 bumper.
Plastic shrouds under headlights.
Fender liners for 2500. I have not bought these yet.
Im waiting on bolts to put the show hooks on.
Still got to paint the matt black.
Serious custom brackets. to mount bumper. I have read someone else saying this is easy. Maybe for a full time fabricator. I bet i put this bumper on off 6 times before i knocked out a solid plan.
Also if you want to use the show hooks you will need to mount them to plates to shift off center.
This whole thing took some serious engineering to get to fit up to the standard frame plates correctly.
(not Modifying them)
The 2500 frame is wider without the frame pates on end.
Would there be any interest in fab kit???
The bumper brackets are very large made of .100 steel same as bumper thickness. These brackets replace the 2500 brackets completely.
The show hooks plates are 3/8" thick. I call them show hooks because there not intended for use.View attachment 196645 View attachment 196646
I do believe you have done a swell job creating this vehicle of yours. I am liking the way it all fits together. I would call it.

............FRANKENRAM..........

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
So what would this fab kit include and for how much? I have been wanting to switch to a 2500 bumper on my truck ...

OP
OP
Rammered

Rammered

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok, update on the prototype. Spray bombed the bumper. Got it assembled. I got to get some help to install this week. I Definitely see how i can improve the design. the tow hooks are low because of the mounting bolts getting in the way. Going to switch blind studs. Final design will look like a 2500 front bumper setup.
I need some help from anyone who has there front bumper off their 1500 or where to find the information? I need measurements from plate to plate. i can send a sketch.
The truck i'm building this off of was a destroyed rig.

20200303_173103.jpg

20200303_173125.jpg

20200303_183109.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rammered

Rammered

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So what would this fab kit include and for how much? I have been wanting to switch to a 2500 bumper on my truck ...

How would you like the kit? Full bolt and go? or do wanna do a little welding?
Basic kit would be all the 0.100 thick cut and bent brackets & 3/8" show hook plates.
Full kit would be welded and powder coated.
The hardware would be a special kit if needed. You should be able to use the hardware from your current bumper.

rwhjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Interested to see how this turns out

slickwilly63

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I like waffles!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rammered

Rammered

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the bumper off mine while I wait for a VICE bumper to be custom built out of aluminum. https://www.vicedesign.ca/bumpers
Wow those are some seriously built bumpers there!!!! If you could take a Horz dim for me that would be great. Hook the tape on the outside of one plate and measre to inside of other. should be like 33 1/8"?

autumnwalker

Reaction score
Looks really good. Is the hood a standard 1500 hood? Effectively you got the 2500 bumper (and a square corner 1500 grill) and got it to fit?

Jokybrto

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
please keep us posted when your done with this... I like the idea!

OP
OP
Rammered

Rammered

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looks really good. Is the hood a standard 1500 hood? Effectively you got the 2500 bumper (and a square corner 1500 grill) and got it to fit?
Yes you are correct. Std hood, 1500 Rebel grill, 2500 bumper. My truck is a Tradesman and i liked the look of the rebel. So I started down that path and was going to build a custom bumper with *****. Thought it would take 2 long and thought this path would be easier. Did some craigslist shopping and picked up the wheels from 1 guy, & running boards from another Things progressed and i ended up doing this. I have to wait to put it back together but i need to charge the ac. Waiting on tools for the R-1234yf refrigerant. It will be easier to get at the condenser o-rings if there is a leak right now. just behind the Rad overflow.

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
View attachment 197994
Here we go still not done. still got to do the fender liners. LOLView attachment 197994
Wow this really looks great. Well done man.

I’ve always been interested in putting the rebel bumper on my power wagon. Opposite direction of what you did.

wonder what your bumper would look like with fog pockets? Did you pick a tradesmen bumper on purpose?

OP
OP
Rammered

Rammered

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

I’ve always been interested in putting the rebel bumper on my power wagon. Opposite direction of what you did.

wonder what your bumper would look like with fog pockets? Did you pick a tradesmen bumper on purpose?
I think it would look awesome with fog pockets, yes/no... I liked the tradesmen yes and like the fogs but I needed to get done so i could drive it. it was the only painted bumper i could find locally quickly. i'm going to add a single row led bar between the grill and bumper kinda mimicing the rebal bumper center bump. there's no reason you cannot do fogs with this set up. I did not modify the standard mounting brackets.

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think it would look awesome with fog pockets, yes/no... I liked the tradesmen yes and like the fogs but I needed to get done so i could drive it. it was the only painted bumper i could find locally quickly. i'm going to add a single row led bar between the grill and bumper kinda mimicing the rebal bumper center bump. there's no reason you cannot do fogs with this set up. I did not modify the standard mounting brackets.
Awesome. Can’t wait to see that!

Odin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4L

This is my thinking as well. Or if they ever produced the Macho Power Wagon I'd kill for that front bumper!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990