35" tire reviews - bring your $0.02

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SlightlyTweaked

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI VVT
Ok boys, I am looking for honest opinions on 35" tires you have had experience with. Basically a 35x1250x18 or 325/65/18 are what I'm looking for personally. I have had past experience with a few tires but there are some I could use an honest assessment on. Here's my list:

1) Toyo Open Country M/T - 35x1250x18 (81lbs - $346/tire)
2) Nitto Trail Grapplers - 35x1250x18 ( ???lbs - $356/tire)
3) Fierce Attitude - 325/65/18 (65lbs - $280/tire)
4) Cooper STT - 35x1250x18 (69lbs - $265/tire)

Obviously going larger on tires will bog down power a bit and affect mpg, that's obvious, but the weight differences and price play a good role here. Looking to hear everyones experiences in wet conditions, as well as deep snow. Thaks all!

BoldAdventure

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Ok boys, I am looking for honest opinions on 35" tires you have had experience with. Basically a 35x1250x18 or 325/65/18 are what I'm looking for personally. I have had past experience with a few tires but there are some I could use an honest assessment on. Here's my list:

2) Nitto Trail Grapplers - 35x1250x18 ( ???lbs - $356/tire)

Looking to hear everyones experiences in wet conditions, as well as deep snow. Thaks all!

They weight 64lbs a piece. Mine mounted to 17x8.5 Method Race Wheels Double Standard wheel a lot.

Great tire off road, amazing in mud, ok in sand. F*ing horrible road tire in heavy rain. Like, Fear for your life this tire wants to hydroplane every ten minutes.

It's an ok road tire, low noise. If you're a mall crawler and looking for an aggressive tire and don't mind replacing it every year, sure go that route. Just don't go on a long road trip down the interstate in the rain and try going over 55mph. Watch out for oil and standing puddles on the interstate.

Heck, these tires want to hydro at 45mph in the rain. I dunno what it is about these tires.

Turns brown very fast, like the brownest tires I've ever seen. Also, wears quickly.

When it's dry, I love them. And when they're offroad, I love them.

Does it matter to you that my opinion of these tires is based on my experience with them on this?

today.jpg

My experience over the past year of running them, and making multiple road trips from Clearwater, FL to Northern VA, Kentucky and Georgia for offroading ventures has left the impression in my mind that I will not be putting that tire on my Ram, EVER.

It's a true MT. I hear good things about the Terra Grapplers though.

Just my .02 cents.

It sucks so much that this is my opinion, because ********, they are a good looking aggressive tire. And they do perform well off road.

:favorites13:

Last edited:
OP
OP
SlightlyTweaked

SlightlyTweaked

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI VVT
I had Terra grapplers on another truck and loved them but they wore very quick. I appreciate your input. I had Toyo MTs last and they were awesome while I had them, but not sure in longevity. Anyway, keep opinions rolling fellas

brandonbomer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
My buddy has trail grapplers on his truck and there have always been a very well performing tire all the way around. He has a locker and has had them for about 1.5 years and has about 30% out back still and about 50% up front. Makes a 25 mile commute

myoung84

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I was very happy with my Cooper STT 35s. They seemed to be great in everything, even rain. They have a little sipping so that helps with rain and ice. I wasn't nearly as impressed with my old Nitto Trail Grapplers. The Cooper is VERY close to the Toyo MT, but a lot cheaper. So, for an aggressive M/T, I'd go with the Cooper STT.

For an aggressive A/T, I'd go with the Toyo ATII. That tire would be much better on the road and in rain, snow, and ice. The 35x12.50 is the extreme size and is pretty aggressive for an A/T tire. I ran the extreme size in a 33" on my Power Wagon and like them a lot. I now have the non-extreme Toyo ATII on my 1500 and they are doing great.

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
I know a few guys with duratracs and they've always said how great they are! That's what I'm putting on my truck!

Diminus

Reaction score
Labrador City, Newfoundland and Labrador Canada
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was very happy with my Cooper STT 35s. They seemed to be great in everything, even rain. They have a little sipping so that helps with rain and ice. I wasn't nearly as impressed with my old Nitto Trail Grapplers. The Cooper is VERY close to the Toyo MT, but a lot cheaper. So, for an aggressive M/T, I'd go with the Cooper STT.

For an aggressive A/T, I'd go with the Toyo ATII. That tire would be much better on the road and in rain, snow, and ice. The 35x12.50 is the extreme size and is pretty aggressive for an A/T tire. I ran the extreme size in a 33" on my Power Wagon and like them a lot. I now have the non-extreme Toyo ATII on my 1500 and they are doing great.

I agree cooper STT is a very good tire , a bit loud on highway but I got 20 000 Kms on mine and they look mint , no choppy wear or feathering on the edges, great tire in my opinion. I used to always run BFGs mud terrains but I took a risk and tried the Coopers and I'm glad I did mine are 35/12.50/20s

DisturbedGator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Another for the STT's, had them for about 4k before I traded my old truck in and I loved them. Good in the snow and mud while being great on the road. Not too loud and handled the wet stuff pretty good. 35-12.5x17 was the size I ran.

RedNBlack

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ P3s! Aggressive tread but QUIET on the road!

BCA87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not on your list but a couple others mentioned it and I agree..have 35" duratracs on my 4 door wrangler n they are the best tire I've had on any of my Jeeps...of course a RAM is not the same but worth the mention imo..I've had it in my head that I'll try them on the RAM when I get the chance to upgrade wheels n tires.

RyanJM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express RC Black Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i loved my duratracs on my 13 and would have got some 325/60r20's for my 14 but the 35x12.5r20federal cougaria MT's were a lot cheaper and so far there pretty good. I almost did 18's.