4.7 Catalytic Converter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike OD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I'm going to replace my cat converters on my 07 1500. The question I have is in replacing just the converters (instead of the whole pipe) but I can only find universal fit converters. Problem is I have a downstream 02 sensor that connects to the converter, would I be able to make a hole in the new converter or just bite the bullet and replace the whole pipe+converters?

Thanks

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I went through the same issue with my 07 1500. Did a lot of browsing around and could only find aftermarkets that were not much like the oem as far as the o2's go. The oem was a $800 bill after core charge . I was concerned the aftermarkets would still throw the p0420 code. Truck ran great and seemed to breathe fine, cel was annoying. I sold the truck, but if I hadn't, I figured a decision would have had to been made to replace oem or spend a little more and mod the whole system. Just my experience, hopefully someone here can give you some better advice that can save you some cash!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca