5th gen classic topper on a 4th gen?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AnarchoTrucker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Will a topper from a 5th gen classic fit a 4th gen? Found one used and from the pics I think it's on a classic model (waiting for response from seller).

GRKN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
No such thing as a 5th Gen classic. A classic is a 4th gen, they’re just rebranded as Classics and sold alongside 5th gens from 19-23. So if the topper is off a classic it will fit a 4th gen, they’re the same truck. Just make sure it’s the right size for your bed.

OP
OP
AnarchoTrucker

AnarchoTrucker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
No such thing as a 5th Gen classic. A classic is a 4th gen, they’re just rebranded as Classics and sold alongside 5th gens from 19-23. So if the topper is off a classic it will fit a 4th gen, they’re the same truck. Just make sure it’s the right size for your bed.
I was not aware of that. I just assumed it was a 5th gen underneath with the 4th gen body style on top. Thanks for the help!

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
@AnarchoTrucker make note that the cab profiles(Crew cab, QuadCab, Single) are different. The cap maybe for a 6.4' bed but depending on which cab the topper was made for the gap between the two may not be even. Don't think I've read that a cap won't fit but for some it won't look right.