69 superbee hood scoops

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JUANGOODUDE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Well, the only thing I didn't like on my truck was the hood.
Creating one off cars for 55 yrs, you get an eye for what fits or not. I stared at it for a month going through my brain catalog thinking what would fit/ work. Then it hit me. 1969- 70 dodge superbee hood scoops.
. Finally found an orginal set. Throwing the dice and spending $350.00 , is pretty insane! But I just knew I could make them fit!
Sanding the bottom little by little, I finally got them to a tight fit to the compound angles of the hood. Then I had to lower the orginal stud towers and recess the new studs to fit the now lowered scoops cutting them to shorter height.
After all that, jump in balls deep and drill 16 holes in my nice shinny hood thinking, "i think I got this," I think.
Well it worked. I think I got one orginal badass hood. In the future after I have a pitcher of martinis and catch my breath, I'll have them painted to match and put on those great hemi badges!

The only thing that was hard was loading the pics! I'll try more later!

Attachments

• 20231021_153629.jpg
    20231021_153629.jpg
    317 KB · Views: 34

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Used to be a boat outfit in Florida that was making a functional shaker hood scoop for the 4th Gens,that looked really good on the trucks,but i think they went out of business a few years ago.
I've always loved the rims on this truck

Last edited:

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I like this Redeye hood scoop on the 5th Gens.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Those images remind me of the scoop openings that face the windshield.
Seemingly they are more practical

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Those images remind me of the scoop openings that face the windshield.
Seemingly they are more practical
Chrsyler did a bunch of wind tunnel testing with scoops in the 60's,and that's when they discovered that a scoop had to be 2" or higher to get above the dead air space /boundary layer to get any amount of ram air from a forward facing scoop,that's basically when they came out with the taller scoops for their drag race customers.
About the same time GM discovered that the high pressure area at the base of the windshield was also a good place to have a rearward facing scoop,and that's when they came out with the rear facing cowl induction hoods seen on the early Z-28's and 70/71 big block Chevelles

OP
OP
J

JUANGOODUDE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
And thats why we live in a free country. You get some good opinions and some dumb irrelevant opinions.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, the only thing I didn't like on my truck was the hood.
Creating one off cars for 55 yrs, you get an eye for what fits or not. I stared at it for a month going through my brain catalog thinking what would fit/ work. Then it hit me. 1969- 70 dodge superbee hood scoops.
. Finally found an orginal set. Throwing the dice and spending $350.00 , is pretty insane! But I just knew I could make them fit!
Sanding the bottom little by little, I finally got them to a tight fit to the compound angles of the hood. Then I had to lower the orginal stud towers and recess the new studs to fit the now lowered scoops cutting them to shorter height.
After all that, jump in balls deep and drill 16 holes in my nice shinny hood thinking, "i think I got this," I think.
Well it worked. I think I got one orginal badass hood. In the future after I have a pitcher of martinis and catch my breath, I'll have them painted to match and put on those great hemi badges!

The only thing that was hard was loading the pics! I'll try more later!
They R OK, maybe not my style, but if U like, who cares. One thing: I would have had them Powder Coated Black or Painted Delmonico Red to match truck color. But again, yer ride, whateva works for U. But nice find for sure.

OP
OP
J

JUANGOODUDE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
As in the description, they will be painted to match and hemi badges. They are only primed right now

NCRaineman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancement. Y'all might know it as "rice"...