8.4 Radio question. Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Airborne70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Hey guys…

So I have a 2018 Ram 2500 cummins. I had the typical delaminated screen issue. Ram dealer replaced it for me under warranty. Little back story, I didn’t have an up to date subscription of xm when I had it replaced, I get in truck and I setup all my presets, I stop to get diesel. All my pre saved presets on fm and xm were gone or defaulted. (I didn’t have a subscription for xm but it was working, new radio). I also noticed a thump sound from the speaker when I turned the truck off.
So I setup the stations again and drive home. I get home turn truck off and same sound comes back and sure enough presets are default. So I tell dealer and they tell me to bring it back in. They have it for a day and I pick it up and same thing. They tell me they are ordering a new one. I drive it for a week and notice the xm feature is no longer working. ( no biggie I don’t have a subscription) also my presets are working normal now. I also no longer notice a sound from my door speakers when I turn the truck off. Sounds like everything is working as it should right? Well it is except for the fact that when I start and turn the truck off I get the splash screen of RAM with what looks like longhorn theme seats around it. I hate it because mine is a bighorn. How do I change that splash screen logo? Do I have to get a trim specific radio?
Thanks.

OP
OP
Airborne70

Airborne70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I had read mixed reviews that you can change the splash screen on the uconnect with alpha. I thought it was just on the evic.

I do have it, currently waiting on my new 7” evic before I dive into the alpha one stuff.

OP
OP
Airborne70

Airborne70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Can someone point me in the right direction of instructions to change the boot up screen with Alfaobd?

Thanks

carlos1984

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I know this is old but incase someone is looking , go into the radio module and then go to navigation settings in there there should be an otion for boot screen.

I have a 2008 Charger and Alfaobd connect fine and I have been able to change a few things but I get a message saying failed invalid security key when I try to change the radio boot screen.

I originally had a RER mygig but upgraded it to a RHR Mygig, but it came from a Chrysler. The boot screen is stuck on Chrysler.
I connect to the Radio module and with in is an option called navigation settings within that is an other srop down that has the option boot screen setting, change it to dodge , hit start and automatically get failed. invalid security key.