A/C ISSUES

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Greg Rocker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guys,
Having an issue with my 06 2500 and the A/C. First I had noticed the A/C receiver drier/accumulator would have a lot of condensation on it and then would freeze up. before I had a chance to do anything about it the control switch to turn blower on does not work anymore. Low or high settings, A/C or heat. The snowflake button still illuminates when pushed as well as the defrost button. The fuses are good as well. Anybody else have a similar situation I can get some insight on before I go and blow a bunch of money trying to figure this one out.

thank you

Greg Rocker

usocazy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
The snowflake button still illuminates when pushed as well as the defrost button. The fuses are good as well. Anybody else have a similar situation I can get some insight on before I go and blow a bunch of money trying to figure this one out.

thank you

Greg Rocker

I had intermittent AC then it completely went out. No power to the fan/blower control but my AC and defrost mirror light illuminated.

My remedy is in the write up I pasted previously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Greg Rocker

Greg Rocker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I figured it out, the blower motor resistor was toast.

Thanks for the reply

usocazy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
I figured it out, the blower motor resistor was toast.

Thanks for the reply

Awesome! Cheap and easy fix. My resistor was cracked but replacing it didn’t fix my problem so we moved to the ignition switch. Only $65 total for both parts so hopefully no issues for the next 8-10 years. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk