A feature you especially like or is especially handy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yrraljguthrie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
etorque5.7
My truck has physical knobs for the heating/AC. The switch for changing from air blowing on the floor to all defrosting is nice. A feature that seems especially well thought out and is easy to use without having to look at it.

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
The headlights, especially with the bending beam function that keeps the brightest part of the beam in line with your steering wheel angle.

woojyee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Auto dimming mirrors is one of my favorite features. I live in Nebraska and often find myself on two lane roads, inevitably someone speeding rolls up behind me with their brights on :)

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Steering column shifter, I can't handle (no pun intended) constantly taking my attention away from my mirrors to turn a knob that is inconvenient when I am in the back area. Rented ones with knobs a couple times, just ugh. But I know they work for others hope the keep the options.

I wish we had the Chevy (gasp) step in the tailgate. Gotta admit I drool over that. Hate carrying a ladder to get in and out of the bed.

OP
OP
Y

yrraljguthrie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
etorque5.7
So what is it that you especially like? I didn't see that. The rotary dial shifter is one of the best things on the Ram. One of the things that makes the most sense. I can't even imagine someone who can't handle a simple shift from a lever to a dial. (pun intended) How is it possible to even be able to drive without having enough flexibility to turn a knob.

Units

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Bighorn
Engine
6.7l Cummins
Seats with the cooling feature. I didn’t know it was something that I wanted until I had it in my loaded to the gill loaner truck, feels nice on the backside in this southern heat. Unfortunately my tradesman will never have it.

JayLeonard

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 L Cummins
Since I tow a TT I like that the blind spot monitor will come on at the rear of my trailer when hooked up.

TRK_GANG74

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I like the Parking Assist feature. I don’t need to use it because I learned how to park at a young age but it scares the hell out of the wife when I use it! Live dangerously and get a good chuckle out of it!

Travelin Ram

Reaction score
Somewhere in NA. Probably. We travel a lot.
Ram Year
Engine
My truck has physical knobs for the heating/AC. The switch for changing from air blowing on the floor to all defrosting is nice. A feature that seems especially well thought out and is easy to use without having to look at it.

So what is it that you especially like? I didn't see that. The rotary dial shifter is one of the best things on the Ram. One of the things that makes the most sense. I can't even imagine someone who can't handle a simple shift from a lever to a dial. (pun intended) How is it possible to even be able to drive without having enough flexibility to turn a knob.
I think you answered your own question. A lever shifter is easier to use without looking at it.

JoshsRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
My favorite feature on this truck is my 17" wheels. Came from a mercedes with rubber-band sized sidewalls. It's nice to hit a curb when making a turn in a drive-thru and not worry about scratching the rims.

brian42

Military
Reaction score
The rotary shift knob and LED headlights have already been mentioned (didn't know how much I'd like those until I had them), but what hasn't been mentioned is:

The upper glove box

Never had one before my RAM and thought it was more of a gimmick but it was really practical. I wish my car had one.

ppine

Forester
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 liter diesel
I just drove from near Reno to eastern Idaho on highways with a speed limit of 80. The temperatures in the afternoon were frequently over 100 degrees. The over sized radiator and trans cooler designed for towing kept the Cummins diesel at the same temperature as any regular driving. I love the new Ram.

oe542bob

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi eTorque 5.7
One of my favorite things is the split tailgate. Makes it so easy to reach in the bed. Also has the pop out step under the bumper if I need to get in the bed.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I was quite surprised at the quality of the vinyl on the seats. The stuff is bulletproof, almost a shame when I put seat covers over them.

chopperdog45

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 6.7
I think the diesel exhaust brake is my favorite feature on my 2500.