ABS and Brake Light w/ Speedometer Jump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4002G6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
In my 2003 Ram 1500 (4.7L), the ABS light and the brake light in the dashboard stay on constantly. Additionally the speedometer jumps with the ignition switch turned on (engine running or not). I read that this may be a result of water in ther ABS module plug, but cannot remove the plug to check. Anyone with the same problem that can help?

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Possibly the sensor on top of the rear diff. I think its still there on the third gens

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

JDG103

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins H.O
i have the same problem...its the tone ring inside the pumkin...its missing teeth

jlb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
i have the same problem...its the tone ring inside the pumkin...its missing teeth

Maybe in your case, but that is not always true. My 05 did the same thing as a result of blowing through too much snow, and too many puddles. Since I had a dually somehow the splashes lined up just right and it would literally blow the plug out of its connector on the pumpkin. When I really got tired of it a couple zip-ties cured my problem. Whenever the plug is loose the truck won't trust the sensor since it sends mixed readings. It can be kind of nice though because it kills your ABS :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reyzapien88