ABS service and anti-lock light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bwade

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
The Service anti lock brakes and abs system light keep coming on intermittently while driving. Dealer can't find anything. Any ideas 2018 3500 6.7

Mister Luck

cassis tutissima virtus
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016/2017
Engine
5.7 V8
What is the code or is there a pending code is the traction control warning light illuminated ?

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
The Service anti lock brakes and abs system light keep coming on intermittently while driving. Dealer can't find anything. Any ideas 2018 3500 6.7
Happened to my Silverado a few years ago...bad EBCM. About $800 for a new one, a refurbished one was $110. Didn't need to flash the computer for that particular module.

Mister Luck

cassis tutissima virtus
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016/2017
Engine
5.7 V8
I have thought maybe in was the 6 speed transmission that was applying additional torque to the driveline of the diesel trucks and over time the u-joints if not maintained create a resonance that interferes with the wheel speed sensors. But most say the units themselves need to be rebuilt and it’s a supply line issue that Stellantis/ FCA had inferior units installed.

Like Tulecreeper suggests engine and transmission ecm’s need to be in sync or issues can play games with other modules functions.

Some models vehicles of different years of production will have a service bulletin for a known reported issue while others are left waiting for the manufacture to catch up to reported issues of their model’s productions.
The only strategy in those situations that makes sense is the manufacturer are slowing down the service or parts recall to make it easier for the supply of parts and services more manageable.

FNRG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HCU motor problem probably. Pretty common in 2017/2018 hd’s. Easy fix just remove HCU motor open up brush slide and replace. Takes about an hour. There’s a good YouTube vid on it. I didn’t remove my brushes just opened up the metal holder they slide in . Can be done with out removing the HCU. Just two E8 bolts and the motor comes off.