aIIan's 2o14 BW 1500 Sport

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aIIan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2O14
Engine
New member and new Mopar owner here. Ditched my 5.7L RCSB Tundra in for a new RAM Sport this week. So far, so good.

My only real complaint is that the 8 spd. seems very busy and so far the Tundra 'felt' quicker. I'm hoping my motor wakes up a bit after the break in period.

Here she is waiting to go to her new home...

day%20one2.png

No real mods so to speak just yet. I did remove the 15OO badge and Plasti Dip the Hemi, R A M and rear badge on Monday.

Planning on completely deblinging the rest of the body and hopefully a tint job this weekend.

Last edited:

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks good man! I wonder why Ram changed the location of the "1500" to below the "Ram" on the doors?

Cynix

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
Looks good man! I wonder why Ram changed the location of the "1500" to below the "Ram" on the doors?

That was so companies could display their names properly. And not have to debadge in doing so

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Sweet lookin' truck. :welcome:

OP
OP
aIIan

aIIan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2O14
Engine
I got the windows tinted yesterday and wrapped up all of my Plasti Dipping today...

ram.jpg

ram2.jpg

ram3.jpg

Probably ordering the 14" Mufflex kit this week then the wheel and tire tire search begins.

Still not sure if I want to do the basic 5100 level job or pick up a 4" lift if there even is one available.

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good looking truck!

Mark182005

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nuce truck bro! Another white with some dip hehe! Looks very good!

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Love that black and white look. :waytogo:

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looks great! Welcome to the club.
Your old Tundra likely had some pretty aggressive gears (4:31 comes to mind) which really makes em **** n get out of the hole.

OP
OP
aIIan

aIIan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2O14
Engine
Picked up a 14" Mufflex kit and Vararam this week. Just waiting on the man in Brown to do his thing.

Thinking next week I'll probably redo the lighting. LEDs inside and out and HIDS in the low beams and fogs.

The factory rake is starting to get to me but I've made up my mind on a 4" lift and 35s way down the road. I might just throw some Bilsteins on there for now.

scottyram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Picked up a 14" Mufflex kit and Vararam this week. Just waiting on the man in Brown to do his thing.

Thinking next week I'll probably redo the lighting. LEDs inside and out and HIDS in the low beams and fogs.

The factory rake is starting to get to me but I've made up my mind on a 4" lift and 35s way down the road. I might just throw some Bilsteins on there for now.

I like where this is going!

OP
OP
aIIan

aIIan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2O14
Engine
Installed the Dee Zee tailgate assist and Vararam this morning.

The Dee Zee went on without a hitch - I can't believe RAM doesn't come with such a device.

The Vararam on the other hand was quite a disappointment. I didn't get any instructions so I *might* have installed it wrong but I doubt it. Damn, what a *************! The thing is built like a wet ****.

Anyhow, the Mufflex kit will be going on in a bit...

OP
OP
aIIan

aIIan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2O14
Engine
Installed the Mufflex kit in just under an hour solo, not too bad.

Hardest part was pulling the tail pipes off and getting them realigned properly... they still aren't.

*PRO TIP: take a picture (or mental image) of how the tailpipes sit before tearing them out.

As per the muffler itself - the jury is still out. Can't hear much from inside the cab but it does have a nice rumble from the back at idle. I'll have to have the misses run it up and down the street tomorrow for a final verdict.

OP
OP
aIIan

aIIan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2O14
Engine
Just ordered the Xpresskit remote start kit on eBay and a complete set of replacement LEDs from VLEDS.

Still haven't pulled the trigger on HIDs just yet. Maybe next week...

saintsreturn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Longhorn
Engine
EcoDiesel
Awesome job thus far. I had to return my xpresskit as I couldn't get the software to download correctly and then the t harness broke. Thinking about trying again later. Good luck!

Sent from this thing in my hand

OP
OP
aIIan

aIIan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2O14
Engine
Wasn't too happy with the fitment of the Mufflex kit so I climbed underneath the truck this morning to do some tightening and sheared the friggin bolt right off... just my luck.

Replaced all but one of my interior lights with VLEDs. What a nightmare that was.

Ordered some HIDs and a DiabloSport Intune last night. Shopping around for a bed rug now and then it's time to start saving for the lift, wheels and tires.