Air bag light and seat belt light won’t go off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boney770

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Hi and thanks for letting join the forum I have read some helpful things here. To start I have a 2006 ram 2500 mega cab with the 5.9 cumins. Yesterday I started noticing the passenger side front speaker cutting in and out and static now not sure if this has anything to do with the rest of this but it was something new and out of the ordinary. Them yesterday afternoon I was driving down the road when my air bag light came on and my seatbelt light came on and started dinging. At that point I noticed my power door locks and windows were not working I got home and got out of the truck and with key in hand and the door open the radio was still playing Also the interior lights will not come on when I open the door and the door dinger doesn’t work when you put the key in the ignition. Anyone have a starting point cause there is some weird stuff going on Help please lol. Thanks in advance

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi and thanks for letting join the forum I have read some helpful things here. To start I have a 2006 ram 2500 mega cab with the 5.9 cumins. Yesterday I started noticing the passenger side front speaker cutting in and out and static now not sure if this has anything to do with the rest of this but it was something new and out of the ordinary. Them yesterday afternoon I was driving down the road when my air bag light came on and my seatbelt light came on and started dinging. At that point I noticed my power door locks and windows were not working I got home and got out of the truck and with key in hand and the door open the radio was still playing Also the interior lights will not come on when I open the door and the door dinger doesn’t work when you put the key in the ignition. Anyone have a starting point cause there is some weird stuff going on Help please lol. Thanks in advance

You might have driven too close to an old Indian burial ground??? ;)

MikeT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
I have no idea how familiar you are with vehicles and how mechanically inclined you are, so if I get into too much simple stuff and detail, please don't be insulted. (I'm kind of long winded anyway.)

It sounds to me like the wiring between the door and the body may be damaged and is shorting out to other wires. There is a rubber sleeve between each door and the body of the truck, inside each sleeve is a group of wires, do to the constant flexing of the wires during each door opening and closing these wires tend to break and short to each other causing things to not work or behave in strange ways. Some of the symptoms you describe tend to be things that the above could cause others not so much, but it might be worth looking into the wiring between the doors and body. I'd first look into the wiring to the front passenger door and see what you find, fix any problems there and see how the vehicle behaves after that repair if any.

Mike

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I had a 2006 with all the same issues. It was the TIPM computer. Dealer wanted close to $2,000 to replace it. I traded the truck in for my new 4th gen lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gman75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
Did you end up fixing these issues?