Airlift Installation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kris319

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Last night I installed my Airlift 1000 kit. I installed the bags first and then ran the air lines. When I went to connect the airline to the bag I had almost no space for my hands to fit, I was able to get the lines all the way onto the nozzle but I could not get the hose clamps on.

Has anyone else had this issue? It seems pretty tight without the clamps, do ya'll think I'll have any issues without them on?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
i threw a zip tie on mine for good measure, but i dont see them popping off. way too tight of a fit.

OP
OP
kris319

kris319

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i threw a zip tie on mine for good measure, but i dont see them popping off. way too tight of a fit.

Probably should of tried to do that. If it comes off for some reason then I will

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Haha oh I hear ya man! I have 1.5" rear coil spacers on mine so there literally was no room at all to get my hands in! I had to compress the bag while it was in the coil to be able to get the hose on! Having help made it easier but it was a *****!

OP
OP
kris319

kris319

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Haha oh I hear ya man! I have 1.5" rear coil spacers on mine so there literally was no room at all to get my hands in! I had to compress the bag while it was in the coil to be able to get the hose on! Having help made it easier but it was a *****!

That's exactly the issue I had, I have a 1.5" spacer in my rear as well! Definitely would have been easier with an extra set of hands.

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
That's exactly the issue I had, I have a 1.5" spacer in my rear as well! Definitely would have been easier with an extra set of hands.

Were you able to get them hooked up? Man they work sweet when they're hooked up! I drive around with 12 PSI in them. I found with the rear coil spacer that the truck was more rough, this fixed that!

OP
OP
kris319

kris319

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Were you able to get them hooked up? Man they work sweet when they're hooked up! I drive around with 12 PSI in them. I found with the rear coil spacer that the truck was more rough, this fixed that!

They are hooked up I just couldn't fit the hose clamp on but they fit onto the fitting really tight so I don't think it will be an issue. I currently have mine at 10 psi.

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
They are hooked up I just couldn't fit the hose clamp on but they fit onto the fitting really tight so I don't think it will be an issue. I currently have mine at 10 psi.

Yeah without the bag being very compressed I would have been almost impossible to get that on! I had someone hold the stem protector puck thing while I put the clamp on! Deffinitly easier with the wheels off too lol

OP
OP
kris319

kris319

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah without the bag being very compressed I would have been almost impossible to get that on! I had someone hold the stem protector puck thing while I put the clamp on! Deffinitly easier with the wheels off too lol

I ended up removing the wheels and the plastic from the wheel well. Would have been impossible to install without doing that

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
I ended up removing the wheels and the plastic from the wheel well. Would have been impossible to install without doing that

Did you use the T or give each bag it's own air line?

OP
OP
kris319

kris319

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you use the T or give each bag it's own air line?

I gave each bag it's own line. I used two holes that are already drilled between the license plate and tailgate.

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
i know everybody on here seems to squeeze them through the springs, an ill admit i did it too, but after i finished i realized it would have been much easier to pull the springs out and install them that way. its too late for you now, but especially with the coil spacers, pulling the springs would have been much easier.

cc rider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I did the same thing. I couldnt get the hose on there good . I got the clamp on there but it didnt do much good if the hose wasnt on all the way. They should tell you to hook the hose up first to the bag then put it in the coil in the instructions ! Anyway, i found mine were leaking. I figured they werent worth the hassle but that might be why. They did work well before they leaked. I returned them and got the timbrens instead. Not as good but at least i dont have to worry about the leaking issues. You could take them back out (easy if you spray the crap out of the bags with wd40) and do it the right way. If u notice any air loss in the future u know where to check first. Good luck

Last night I installed my Airlift 1000 kit. I installed the bags first and then ran the air lines. When I went to connect the airline to the bag I had almost no space for my hands to fit, I was able to get the lines all the way onto the nozzle but I could not get the hose clamps on.

Has anyone else had this issue? It seems pretty tight without the clamps, do ya'll think I'll have any issues without them on?

Jaxon1174

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My kit will arrive today and will install it later in the week when i have time. ETrailer has good tech tips about making the install easier, like soaking the air lines in hot water to make them easier to install on the nipples.

I was thinking of using the holes above the license plate/under the tailgate. Is there enough room to get an air chuck in there to fill them and will it interfere with the tailgate when lowered?

OP
OP
kris319

kris319

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My kit will arrive today and will install it later in the week when i have time. ETrailer has good tech tips about making the install easier, like soaking the air lines in hot water to make them easier to install on the nipples.

I was thinking of using the holes above the license plate/under the tailgate. Is there enough room to get an air chuck in there to fill them and will it interfere with the tailgate when lowered?

I used a heat gun to make my life easier. I also used those same holes. It does not interfere with the tailgate and you can access them, however it is a bit tight.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Did u guys get any lift with the air bags

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members