All Terrain Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drbobvs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Canadian Tire did a nice comparison of a few AT tires for snow use a couple of years ago. While KO2s had just a slight edge in ice traction, Cooper AT3s were by far the most quiet. Look for the video in YouTube it might still be up.

Capitan12b

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
Nexen Rodiant A/T . Last at least 3 years. On every type of terrain And not loud at all.

Ramalanche

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 4.7
I like my Goodyear ultra terrain from discount tire. Good price, quiet, good looks, but still waiting for my first snow to test in bad weather.

BobCinEHT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.4
I put Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT's on my Jeep. They have an aggressive sidewall and are much quieter than the stock Mud Terrains. Recently I went with the Cooper Discoverer AT3 4S for my Ram crew cab long box. They are practically silent with an all-season tread and have a tread-life warranty.

johnwayne

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 slt
Engine
I also went with the general grabber atx. Good option to me because they also have the mountain snowflake rating. Up here in canada it is law in the winter to have that little symbol. Mine are loud sort-of to me but after blowing camshaft and lifters that's the least of my problems lol. Good tire but no substitute for full winter set. It's nice though year 2 no tire swaps so I make do. Also be aware that offroad tires should be rotated more than regular tires on pavement. They tend to feather easier and will go out of balance for short periods after rotation as they re adjust and wear even

tman1112000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
some of the names of these no name tires crack me up for some reason .most ppl will not notice any issues untill they get a few thousand miles on them .rotation is key for any tire but very important on no name tires . my truck has Cooper AT3s was on it when i bought the truck and im very impressed with the ride and how quiet they are

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
the falken wildpeaks on my laramie have been great on/off road and in snow up to the running boards. very quiet and still look new after 16000 miles.

Bramic71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi. All, I’m looking to replace my 20” Good Year Wrangler SR-A tires with all terrain tires (2016 Ram 1500 Laramie) Can anyone tell me if they’ll be noticeably louder when compared to all season tires? I’m not looking for anything that aggressive just looking for a good overall tire. Thanks in advance.
Loved my Wildpeak AT3W's. Low howl as well.

AZtorque

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Diesel
I run BFG KO2's on my 3500 DRW and love them. Quiet & they're wearing very well. I have 25K miles on them and they still have tons of tread. I tow a 15K+ toy hauler once or twice a month and the tires are performing well. Will definitely buy again. I have them rotated every oil change.

ChipC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I'm another happy user of the General Grabber AT/X. I bought a 2019 Limited this Summer with the factory 22" wheels and Goodyear Eagle 285/45R22. They were ok but not well suited for use off-pavement. Replaced the 22s with Ram 18" wheels which are easy to find used and which I knew would clear the brakes. For tires I chose the General Grabber AT/X based on Tire Rack reviews and availability. I was concerned they'd be noisy but in fact they are quieter than the Eagles, and much smoother riding on any surface. I went with 275/70R18, which is a 33" tire (stock is 32"). They fit great, including in the spare tire well, and I have not yet found any maneuver in which they rub, even with the truck lowered in Aero mode. It is the same size used on the Rebel.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You can't go wrong with BFGoodrich KO2. They wear good and traction is good in all weather conditions.

I've had a few sets of both the KO2s and the wildpeak AT3s and I have to say I found them to be nearly identical in terms of wet/snow/ice handling and longevity. Only difference was the price of the falkens being lower (substantially lower the first set I bought about 4 years ago). Not sure if they are still lower in price but you can't go wrong either way, they are both really good tires.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357