Aluminum tailgate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CrispyBacon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you know?

Found out with my magnetic work light. The bed is steel, but the tailgate is all aluminum.

DanAR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Huh, guess I need to check out mine. Probably nice if you need to remove it for some reason.

Badger 13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sorry if I missed that this was the 5th gen forum, but the RP's vehicle is listed as a 4th gen...

mrack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
and no rusting
The aluminum not rusting thing is a gimmick. It doesn’t technically rust, but it corrodes just the same. Just look at the aluminum hoods on older 4th gens, large majority of them have a lot of bubbling corrosion around the grill.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L non-Etorque
Sorry if I missed that this was the 5th gen forum, but the RP's vehicle is listed as a 4th gen...
That's true, but his avatar shows a 5th gen. Either way, @CrispyBacon update your truck info in your Account Details please. Either that or be more specific about your truck when making claims about it. :D

barr0208

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 ram 1500 sport long bed
Engine
5.7 3.92 4x4 ruby red
The aluminum not rusting thing is a gimmick. It doesn’t technically rust, but it corrodes just the same. Just look at the aluminum hoods on older 4th gens, large majority of them have a lot of bubbling corrosion around the grill.
that means ford trucks will really look bad when the corrosion starts

DanAR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I’ve owned several Mustang GTs with the aluminum hood and at least up until I got rid of the last one a couple years ago, they were still having random trouble with corrosion bubbling around the edges. Hopefully RAM has got it figured out by now.

OP
OP
CrispyBacon

CrispyBacon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's true, but his avatar shows a 5th gen. Either way, @CrispyBacon update your truck info in your Account Details please. Either that or be more specific about your truck when making claims about it. :D
None of that stuff even shows up on mobile!
I'll update my truck details when your wife updates her relationship status to "it's complicated"

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L non-Etorque
None of that stuff even shows up on mobile!
I'll update my truck details when your wife updates her relationship status to "it's complicated"
It's not there for you to see, it's there for others. Who knows what percentage of members use mobile? But suit yourself.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
byteme