Annoying/crazy/intermittent high pitch rattle noise from rear of the truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

Black06ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
well, to wrap this whole issue up, back in Late January:
I investigated underneath more and grabbed exhaust parts as the truck idled and while the wife revved it. Soon enough I discovered that the welded together case on the magnaflow muffler was cracked. It is a horrible noise to hear when it is right next to your head!!!

I took photos and sent a video to magnaflow on January 28:
Since their exhaust components come with a lifetime warranty, they agreed to replace my muffler and the clamps. It took about 3 weeks for the muffler to arrive at my house (which was a bit longer than I would have expected), but I finally got it and put it on a few days ago.

THE NOISE IS GONE. The truck (and I ) are happy again!!

OCDTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for letting us know, glad you found out what it was, crazy how something like that small crack could make such a horrendous noise.

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
In the future, You can use Chassis Ears, you place these sensors on various parts of the under carriage you wear the head phones and you can tell where the noise is coming from.