Atoto S8 Installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jpage978

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Wasn't easy , couldn't use oem back up camera, added atoto back up camera, a lot better then 5" uconnect
20220615_094302.jpg

Pancho1310

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I installed an S8 Premium on my Ram. I bought the Atoto backup camera but haven't gotten it to work. Ran the pink wire to the backup light and the black to ground. In the front I ran the pink wire to the harness that says backup camera and the red wire to accessory. I attached the brown wire marked brake wire to ground. If I go directly to the backup camera icon and the camera works but when I put the truck in reverse I get nothing. I have power at the camera at the backup light and power at the accessory wire for the front red wire. For the life of me I can't figure out what I did wrong. HELP!!! By the way, I love the radio. Are you still happy with yours?

Pancho1310

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I did the same. Love the system. Did you get your steering wheel controls to work? If you did, what was your wiring process? I have a Axxess ASWC-1 but not sure I need it. Any guidance?

Banjoman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just bought the S8 premium 10.1. what bracket or bezel mount did you use to mount the radio? I did a test fit and because the factory bezel on the ram isn't big enough it has to be on there first then the radio slides in so the bracket will have to be mounted and I'm guessing sticking out enough to get some screws mounted to the radio.

Attachments

• IMG_20231125_173343892.jpg
    IMG_20231125_173343892.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 3

Banjoman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I installed an S8 Premium on my Ram. I bought the Atoto backup camera but haven't gotten it to work. Ran the pink wire to the backup light and the black to ground. In the front I ran the pink wire to the harness that says backup camera and the red wire to accessory. I attached the brown wire marked brake wire to ground. If I go directly to the backup camera icon and the camera works but when I put the truck in reverse I get nothing. I have power at the camera at the backup light and power at the accessory wire for the front red wire. For the life of me I can't figure out what I did wrong. HELP!!! By the way, I love the radio. Are you still happy with yours?
So on my 2012 Ram and my old Jensen radio it has the backup camera and for it to work it has the Axxess XSVI-6522-NAV wired in and it works fine.