Auto start won't work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Freeflyinghaze

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel 2500
I have a 2017 ram2500 diesel. I recently changed my starter and now the auto start won't work. Instead of starting, it flashes the lights and the dash lights blink 6 times. It doesn't try anything else after the six flashes. Any suggestions?

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Are you talking Remote start?

I had a Jeep, can't remember the number of flashes, but it would not remote start if the doors were not locked. Took me about 30min to figure that out. I would have thought that it would lock the doors if they weren't locked, but no.

OP
OP
F

Freeflyinghaze

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel 2500
The key fob starts the auto start by pushing the lock button three times. Doors are closed, enough gas is in the tank. I am doing the same thing I always have done, just now instead of starting, it flashes the lights six times.

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do you have any codes? truck wont auto start if engine light is on or it has a active code disconnect battery for a while and try.