2020 Ram 1500 wont start key fob wont work E-torque

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you are going to try it, make sure to recheck those pins on the IC, looks to me like there could be bent pins or solder smeared across them. any corrosion, use a tooth brush will help, most of that board is has nothing on it , If you have to do any soldering , use electronic solder, resin core, not acid core, and a fine tip iron. If that is solder *** on those pins , you will have to clean it off before you try it, you can use copper wire with the iron to suck off the old solder, then just a small bit of new solder. If you have not done this stuff, take it to a TV, radio shop and see if they have a service teck to clean it up for you.
I am 1/2 a world away, or I could do it for you. IF it's just crud , use a pick and clean it up, no power hooked up till it's done. the green on the board will not usually sort it out, just make for poor connections.
You may already know all this , sorry for the long post, Good luck. If there was no power when wet, it may be fine.

I trust that you're referring to the use of solder wick when you say to use copper wire. :cool:

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
Yes , If people have done this , they will know , if not they would not know wat a wick is.
I use a solder sucker which works very good as long as you can get it down to the melted solder.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I still have a small selection of solder wick for the odd job and a couple of fews of years ago, I bought a nice temperature controlled solder station for my GF for me for my birthday. :cool:

Many years ago at work, we had a Weller industrial solder sucker for the big jobs like changing out ICs and it usually worked better for plated through-holes on PCBs.

dkh1020

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi W Torque
The Post By "Drooke" is exactly the same symptoms I'm experiencing. My local dealer found nothing wrong and suggested putting a solar trickle charger on my truck, WTF kind of BS is this???? 10 minutes after I gort home, truck wouldn't start. Only difference is I can disconnect my battery for about 10 minutes, afterwards, everything works perfectly. But after a few hours, same symptoms recur. Cant find cure online and dealer is clueless!!!!!!!

Update: Took my truck to a different dealer and they knew exactly what was wrong with my truck. In my area, we had days of torrential rain. They have seen 4 trucks come in with the same issue. Turns out 2020 rams and possibly 2019 and up have a defective back glass that will eventually leak and mine did. The water got to electronics behind the back seat and shorted out the RF module. had to replace module and entire back glass but that did the trick. The back window leaking seems to be a big issue and there is a class action suit against Ram.

Last edited:

Nick081974

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well looks like I now have this issue. I was on work travel in Hawaii for 3.5 weeks, wife drove the truck the Saturday before last to the car wash all was good. Went to start it yesterday and it did but every light and alarm was lit on the dash, tire pressure failure, check engine light. start/stop not active, service shifter, etc.. Now truck won’t do anything but have the horn go off when I unlock the truck with the physical key. 12.3VDC on the main battery not sure on the start/stop battery.

First I’ve heard of this back window leaking issue and recall so if anyone has any info on that recall and can share that would be awesome. I know about the third brake light leak.

Gotta tow it tomorrow to the dealer and see what the results are and if I need to pursue a rental. First problem I’ve had with this truck and I love it. 2020 ram 1500 Bighorn with 41k miles.

Rhyno1500Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
I have a 2017 Ram 1500 3.7, I have done quite a bit of work to it (liftkit, high end audio) I had my back windows blacked out yesterday with tint, on my way home today I was cruðising along and all the sudden my truck just completely shut down. The dial was still in drive but everything was off. Dome lights work, head lights work
, shifter knob wont move from drive, can't get the key out. I'm wondering if it's possible from getting my windows tinted it got some of the solution they use in that module.... I don't have a back seat anymore, it's a amp rack now for a blowthrough 4 order bandpass enclosure. I pulled the ignition switch and shifter knob just to see, still can't get fob out.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat