Backing up with door open

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dusty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Because it was a Hollywood type, I think the media had some amplifying affect on this situation. I remember hearing about this on television for days after, like it was the attack on Pearl Harbor. I don't think it would be quite so news worthy if it was one of us.

While some may bemoan the approach Ram took to prevent future occurrences, keep in mind that the company has a fiduciary responsibility tp protect share holders, workers and dealers from future liability litigation.

Someone asked if or how other manufacturers addressed this issue, which is a good question. Anyone know?

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33-gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 3 June 2018. Now at 85873 miles

John Jensen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Just replying to this is taking off in a different direction as to the original question.not gonna contribute anymore to this subject.
You made the hoopla comment. I was just clarifying that it wasn't hoopla. Agree, the subject isn't worth any more dialog.

jagu366

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 1500
Engine
The guy who died was the new Chekov in the stark trek movies. He had a jeep grand cherokee and pinned him against the fence, that's how he died. All recalls for jeeps and rams that were done, are based in that. I didn't take my 2012 Ram 1500 in to do it, full disclaimer.

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Idiots have found new and innovative ways to kill themselves since 10,000 BC and that improved the gene pool a lot. Problem we have today is far too many idiots survive childhood. They then reproduce and stupidity is definitely an inherited trait. The world did not get better with all the ******* that survive childhood.
Robert McNamara attempted to "cull the chaff" so to speak during the Viet Nam War. He actively sought out men with sub-par IQ's to draft into military and send into mortal danger situations in battles to weed out lesser in the gene pool. Karma got him, though. He was killed in a plane crash. :)

LouM

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Ecodiesel crewcab old/ now 2019 Laramie Hemi
Engine
eco diesel old / now Hemi missing the eco's mileage
Robert McNamara attempted to "cull the chaff" so to speak during the Viet Nam War. He actively sought out men with sub-par IQ's to draft into military and send into mortal danger situations in battles to weed out lesser in the gene pool. Karma got him, though. He was killed in a plane crash. :)
That is a load of bull.

haleme

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Back to the OP's question, the Tazer from Z Automotive will disable this feature on 4th gens. Not sure about the 5th Gen Rams.

And having owned a 2015 Grand Cherokee, I can say first hand the shift mechanism was, odd. 1 up and 1 down in a sense. It was a mess. On more than one occasion did I think it was in park, only to have the transmission AutoPark. Anton was not an idiot; this was a horrible design and a haphazard solution. Like welding a drag link to solve a problem...

More here. https://jalopnik.com/heres-the-problem-with-jeeps-recalled-gear-shifter-1782364420