Bed lights, power via 7 pin direct?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chiere

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’m looking for cheap, fast, and simple. Is there such a thing as bed lights that already have a plug I can shove into my 7 pin trailer plug? All I need is something that lives permanently on the walls of the bed, waiting for when I need to hitch my gooseneck in the dark. Or unload my camping gear in the dark. And all I have to do is grab that plug, jack it in, back and hitch, unplug the lights, and plug in the trailer. I love my truck, but she old, and doesn’t need any more futzing with her wires. If such a critter doesn’t exist, is there a set up that I can wire a 7 pin plug onto, then proceed as above? It’s getting old, laying my lit phone in the bed for the backing part, then holding it in my teeth for the hitching part. Thank you kindly!

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
When I first got my topper, I plugged the CHMSL to the 7way for my camper.

Plenty of bed light kits or led strips out there, either will do.
Using the wiring diagram below you can buy a replacement plug most any parts store and even WallyWorld IIRC and hook it up to your choice. You may need a bit of wire.

From whichever choice, hook up the positive (red) to the screw label Aux power and the negative/ground(black) to the screw label ground
Now I can't remember if it is switched power (on all the time or acc). All the time I think.

Right now I have a female cig lighter socket on the 7way and use it to power the flashing light for when I help pilot for the bro-in-law
1706587539058.png

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat