Blower motor ground location

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigdav1178

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can someone tell me where the ground for the blower motor goes (terminates)?

I've been diagnosing a non-working blower on my 2015 RAM 1500, and determined I do not have ground on the connector going into the blower (it's the 3-wire style, hot/control/ground). Jumpering the ground wire on the connector to chassis makes the blower work again as it should, so I know I've isolated the issue; I just need to figure out where the ground is broken at now. I can see the wires run up behind the airbox, but then I lose sight of it. I know I could just splice a new ground to the chassis, but I'd rather fix it properly.

Does it just go to a chassis ground somewhere back there? Does it go back to a ground block somewhere (like around the fuse panel)? Are there any connections along the way I should be checking?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

bigdav1178

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Found my own answer (at least kind of). I managed to get a flashlight angled in enough through the side of the dash (removed the cover) and saw the three wires go across the airbox to the side of the truck, then down under the carpet. They went to a harness at the bottom of the a-pillar. The harness looked fine, and I had continuity through it. I then tested it to chassis ground and it was also good. Finally went back to the motor connector and tested it to ground again... and it was good. I have to assume it was a loose connection at that harness that reconnected when I jostled stuff around to check it. Blowers working now once again.

jelih

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Try this. Worked for me today after thinking I fixed the problem last year.