Blower motor noise and weak air from vents

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thebearju

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
I am new to this group and new to Ram trucks. I just purchased my first Ram truck which is a 2018 1500 3.6L with 70k miles. The other day I had my radio off and noticed that the blower motor was making a loud whining noise and on top of that the air coming out of the vents on full setting is very weak. Everything works as it should regarding the climate controls. Just a noisy whining blower motor and weak air flow. Any suggestions?

MontanaHandyman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
In an 02 ram I had, mice would get in and make a nest right in the blower cage. It was easy (relatively) to remove and clean out, and the problem was solved. Otherwise your issue might be the baffles not opening properly??

OP
OP
thebearju

thebearju

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
I removed the glove box last night and checked the cabin filter. It was dirty so I picked up a new one and replaced it. While the Cabin filter was out there was definitely a increase with the air flow until I put the new one in. I just wasn't sure if the weak air flow was normal for these trucks. I know the blower motor making the whining noise is not normal.

Mister Luck

cassis tutissima virtus
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016/2017
Engine
5.7 V8
Three torx bolts under the blower motor and electrical plug to remove and inspect the squirrel cage.

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Chances are if it's whining, it's probably a bad bearing so it's running slow or it wants you to take it out to dinner. Well that's what my wife does. :D As Mister Luck suggested, removed it and if there's nothing blocking it, get a new one

OP
OP
thebearju

thebearju

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
lmao! I appreciate the input yall! Extremely excited to be in my first Ram that's for sure!