Can i get an opinion? Delete my truck ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bradgreen0616

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7l
I have a 23 ram 6.7 l cummins ... i want to delete it really bad to get better sound, power ect. I was worried about my warranty because my truck is brand new with 2k miles on it. I was thinking about not deleting it and just lifting it and doing wheels and tires. But even if i do that still will void my warranty. So i came to the thought of just going through with deleting it. Are the newer trucks having issues when deleted ? Is thos a good idea ? Snd will it be hard for me to find somone to delete truck for me ? Any thoughts or advice thanks guys

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
A lift will void any suspension warranty, if you delete there goes the entire powertrain warranty.
With how the EPA is cracking down on shops that offer diesel tuning/deletes it's getting harder to find decent ones available here in the states. Also you may want to keep everything to return to stock as dealerships may not want to touch a deleted truck if you decide to sell.

OP
OP
bradgreen0616

bradgreen0616

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7l
Okay thanks for insight, yea i dont care about losing suspension warranty. So if i do lift and tires ill still be able to keep powertrain warranty ? Or will they try to say it caused more wear and tear on motor and tranny when somthing happens. Was going to do a 6inch lift with 22x12.50

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Lately several cases have gone to court.
Someone selling a deleted vehicle without disclosure to the buyer

Looks like the noose is being tightened on modifiers

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Leave it alone... "If" you start having issues with the emission system then you can look into removing it. These trucks have plenty of power and Lifting is a lot less likely to void your warranty then deleting, deleting is pretty much a sure thing to void it.

And lastly, deleting has become very difficult and Extremely expensive on the 22+ trucks. You are looking at a complete ECM replacement for starters.

PolarisCobra

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
For a lot of people, a pickup (or a Jeep) is a lot like a blank canvas is to a painter. A starting point, to be modified as the owner sees fit.

Just because you would paint a different picture (or leave the canvas blank), does not mean the someone else's painting is bad.

But - I may not want to buy their painting a few years down the road...

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I'm not commenting to be insulting. That said, I always wonder why someone would buy a new truck they knew they needed to put thousands of dollars into, to make it the way they really wanted it to look?

Looking at your signature it appears you have put a few thousand $ into mods for your truck so how is that any different? Not to be insulting of course....

"20% Window Tint, Amp Research Bed Step, Bed Rug, BAK Flip"

JayLeonard

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 L Cummins
For a lot of people, a pickup (or a Jeep) is a lot like a blank canvas is to a painter. A starting point, to be modified as the owner sees fit.

Just because you would paint a different picture (or leave the canvas blank), does not mean the someone else's painting is bad.

But - I may not want to buy their painting a few years down the road...
As they say , different strokes for different folks.

andymax

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There are a lot of states that are changing their laws, not to mention deleting is currently a violation of federal law. Does that matter at the moment? Probably not, but we don't know what's coming down the road over the next few years. My advice would be to do your suspension mods and leave the emissions stuff alone at least until your warranty runs out. That gives you two important things IMHO...1. you retain your warranty should anything fail on the powertrain, and 2. the delay gives you time to see how all these environmental law changes start shaking out.

SniperDroid

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Looking at your signature it appears you have put a few thousand $ into mods for your truck so how is that any different? Not to be insulting of course....

"20% Window Tint, Amp Research Bed Step, Bed Rug, BAK Flip"

Point taken, but none of my additions change the operation or function of the vehicle.