Carven Progressive - Review/ Complaints - Video Added

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sasquatchtdg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
After running the Carven Progressive for a while now, it has become a nuisance. It was terrible on the recent road trips I took to Kentucky, Florida, and Tennessee. The resonance in the highway gears, teamed up with the vibrations that I can feel through the floor board as well as the resonance causing random rattles outweighs the cool/sound factor. It seems like the entire exhaust system becomes a tuning fork at highway speeds around the 1500 rpm mark.

Good:
Startup
Acceleration
Downshifting in tunnels like a child :naughty:

Bad:
Highway drone @ 1500-2000 rpm
Vibration from resonance

My options moving forward are a couple of different routes, timeline dependent on cost:
Full Borla cat back $$$
Dynomat the full interior $$$
True Dual with dual mufflers (Spintech, Aero Turbine, Glasspacks, etc.) $$
Add 5" resonated tips $
Back to stock $

I don't recall the drone being so bad with the 6 Speed in the 2012 I had with true dual, x-pipe, Dynomax VT's, 5" tips.

What say you folks?

Midnight Storm

One Badass Ram
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You could bolt on a different brand. Lots of guys like the magnaflow 18” or 24” if you want it more quiet.
I have a flowmaster super 44 and am happy. There’s a 50 as well that’s a little quieter.

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Black widow venom 250, swap it in place of the carven. This will be what I do if/when I get tired of my carven.

OP
OP
Sasquatchtdg

Sasquatchtdg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L

You’ll need headphones or speakers to really hear it. Low bassy drone in this rpm range.

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Damn that is a lot of drone! Are you still living with this or have you changed anything?

I am running a muffler delete with the stock resonators and mine is pretty damn quiet in the cab. And ZERO cab vibrations from the exhaust.

I couldn't live with that drone everyday for sure.

bm02tj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I used the AWE system and wife has not killed me yet
It has a loud bark on start but calms no drone at cruise may hear exhaust if you tow as louder going up hills no rap down hill

OP
OP
Sasquatchtdg

Sasquatchtdg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Damn that is a lot of drone! Are you still living with this or have you changed anything?

I am running a muffler delete with the stock resonators and mine is pretty damn quiet in the cab. And ZERO cab vibrations from the exhaust.

I couldn't live with that drone everyday for sure.
Yep, still debating what to go to next. Of course an unexpected $10k in vet bills puts the brakes on things.