Check engine after CAI install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CarlosM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
I installed a CAI, disconnected the negative from the battery before installing. I made sure every is in place and sealed. Sensor seems to be tight and in place. When I started the truck the first time everything was fine, I turned it off and then back on and I got a check engine light, took it for a drive and she is running perfectly. Today I disconnected the negative again for about 30mins and then back on, i let it idle for another 30mins, took for it a ride, no lights. Got home turned it off and back on and the light came on. What am I looking at here? No, I haven’t checked the code yet. This is on 2017 hemi 5.7.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Which CAI did you install? Why didn't you check the code before posting? It's helpful when seeking assistance to give these sorts of details. Without them any suggestions would be more of a guess than not.

OP
OP
C

CarlosM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
I just got the code, it was something like P0113 or something, it’s the temp sensor, I have to pull it out again and clean it.

GRKN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
New sensor is a few dollars on rockauto. I had a similar issue after just removing my stock intake to access something else, but it went away for good as soon as the new sensor arrived. Classic

OP
OP
C

CarlosM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
New sensor is a few dollars on rockauto. I had a similar issue after just removing my stock intake to access something else, but it went away for good as soon as the new sensor arrived. Classic
Dumb question, what’s the correct position for the sensor to sit? I put the sensor with the blue tip Gavin towards the fikter. My new intke doest have a fixed position for the sensor so u just put it in there in whatever position.