Clunk

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
I have a 2022 Ram 2500 6.4, it hasa clunk going from 5th to 4th, but only after going into 4th there is a few second delay before there is a clunk that is felt through the cab. I have had it at the dealer twice, and the second time they reset the learning mode on the trans, but still does it. I have 15000 on the truck. I have read on another group saying they have similar problems, and that it was the pinion gear.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I would be thinking about getting the Mopar Extended Warranty.
The dealership will look at it several times & won't find the problem until a week after your factory warranty expires

Nickx86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I have a 2022 Ram 2500 6.4, it hasa clunk going from 5th to 4th, but only after going into 4th there is a few second delay before there is a clunk that is felt through the cab. I have had it at the dealer twice, and the second time they reset the learning mode on the trans, but still does it. I have 15000 on the truck. I have read on another group saying they have similar problems, and that it was the pinion gear.
my dealer knows about the issue on my truck. The first time they couldnt duplicate the issue, the second time I took the tech out and after a few minutes i was able to duplicate the issue. They tried a few things but ultimately it’s going back to the dealer and opening a case w Stellantis for the same problem. Not sure when I’ll take it back though

OP
OP
StansRam

StansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
This will be the third time, have an appointment Tuesday. I have read that some say they found it to be the pinion gear in the rear end. The last time at the dealer the couldn't duplicate it either, but when I called this time I told them this is not normal.

OP
OP
StansRam

StansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
My truck still has this mysterious clunk, only when down shifting from 5th to 4th. There are times when this happens, you can feel it throughout the truck. Has anyone had or have this problem, and if so what was the fix?

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If it was the pinion, i dont see how it could possibly only do it when downshifting from 5th to 4th and not any other gears. Sounds more like the trans to me.