Coil Packs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NightStalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I’m at 95000 and some change on my 6.4 Hemi and probably time (or close) to do spark plugs and while I’m there might as well do coil pack upgrade. Probably a good idea before I put it on the road.
So with that said I’m looking for suggestions on both plugs and coil packs.
Below are the stats on the truck

2014 Ram 2500 long bed 4x4
6.4 Hemi
Auto transmission
3.73 gearing

Attachments

• IMG_0455.jpeg
    IMG_0455.jpeg
    184.9 KB · Views: 2

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Stick with the original plugs. Skip the coil pack replacement as they don’t fail that often and at 95k miles it’s wasting money. What you can do is replace the coil pack boots. The boots breakdown over time. They are easy to do and reasonably priced. Stick with OEM or a high quality aftermarket like Denso or Accel.

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
For plugs i'd look to NGK Ruthenium HX (I believe part # 96355 for your truck) and purchase from Rock Auto so you know you'll get legit NGK plugs.

The NGK or Denso boots, from Rock Auto, too.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
If you do replace the rubber boots and springs on your coil packs,it doesn't hurt to clean up the spring contact in the coil towers. I use a dremel and carbon steel brush to clean the contacts under the spring. You can also save a bit of money by refurbishing your boots,i pull the springs out and clean them on my bench grinders wire wheel,then stretch them out about a 1/4 inch,and spray some brake clean inside the boots and push a rag through them.That's if the boots are in good shape,if they're hard or have cracks in the rubber,then it's time to replace the boots and springs.
All the hi-po shops run the stock coil packs on their 1,000+ hp cars,you won't find many shops reconmending after market coil packs. If you decide you need coils,get the OEM coils.,but as stated,they very seldom die,and cleaning them up,will usually get you another 100,000 miles out of your OEM coils.