Hemi tick - injectors or lifters?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TGoedde

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just replaced the short runner valve motor, throttle body, map sensor, spark plugs and passenger side exhaust manifold. Not all that bad of a project, though a pain in the ass with some of the annoying red clips breaking on coil packs and injectors. So the trouble codes are now all gone. But I still have a slight ticking sound and minor detonation ping at about 2000-2200 rpm that sounds like it is on the drive side bank. If I take this into the dealer for a more advanced scan than what my little BlueDriver tool can offer, do you think they will be able to pin point the ping and tick? From what I read it can be a ticking fuel injector or a dreaded valve train issue. Either issue could led to a ping problem either poor fuel delivery or bad valve travel. Anyone else run into this?

Florida John

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
What is the symptoms of the beginning of the Hemi tick?
I hear a ticking when I start the engine while cold. It lasts about 30 seconds and is not loud.
I have 77K miles and perform regular maintenance.
Thanks in advance!

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
What is the symptoms of the beginning of the Hemi tick?
I hear a ticking when I start the engine while cold. It lasts about 30 seconds and is not loud.
I have 77K miles and perform regular maintenance.
Thanks in advance!
If it goes away quickly,it's more likely a broken bolt on the exhaust manifolds.Reach in when the engine is cold and see if you can wiggle the back of the heat shields,if they wiggle,odds are you have broken bolts.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357