Considering buying this 2008 Cummins for 20K, Any advice?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Norrov

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
https://imgur.com/a/TGs4uns

Owner used to haul a 5th wheel and skid steer a few times a year, daily drove it for a couple years then it sat for awhile since he got a company truck.

I looked at it, runs great and I didn't see any rust. You think he's asking a little much? I know 105k miles is pretty low but it's also pretty old.

EGR is unplugged but still there. Just a DPF delete

BWC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I think thats a pretty good deal. Especially if its a laramie. I mean always see if you can get a cheaper price. Also can help to see how long he has owned it, service records, what tuning it has, and such. You can always ask to take it to a dealer/shop and have it checked out?

Seeing your in Denver I think thats a good price as well. Keep in mind if you live in a emissions county, it won't pass :)

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
https://imgur.com/a/TGs4uns

Owner used to haul a 5th wheel and skid steer a few times a year, daily drove it for a couple years then it sat for awhile since he got a company truck.

I looked at it, runs great and I didn't see any rust. You think he's asking a little much? I know 105k miles is pretty low but it's also pretty old.

EGR is unplugged but still there. Just a DPF delete

In the last year my neighbor gave 28k for an early 2008 with the 5.9. Nice truck with 100k miles. It is a 4x4 automatic.

Dennis Shellito

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins IBS
In the last year my neighbor gave 28k for an early 2008 with the 5.9. Nice truck with 100k miles. It is a 4x4 automatic.

They quit putting a 5.9 Cummins in any truck on Jan. 1, 2007, every HD Dodge or Ram w/ Cummins built from that day forward has a 6.7L.

That price of $20K doesn't sound bad at all if it is in good shape and 4x4. I don't think a 2wd Cummins would deserve that kind of money.

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
They quit putting a 5.9 Cummins in any truck on Jan. 1, 2007, every HD Dodge or Ram w/ Cummins built from that day forward has a 6.7L.

That price of $20K doesn't sound bad at all if it is in good shape and 4x4. I don't think a 2wd Cummins would deserve that kind of money.

It is a 2007.5 I was just off a few months.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963