Converting 2013 1500 Big Horn Interior to 2016 Rebel Interior

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JordansRam2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does anyone know if it's possible to replace the entire interior (all door panels, front seats, back seats, center console, and dash) of a 2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn with the interior of a 2016 Ram 1500 Rebel. In theory, because the style of the rebels door panels and dash match that of my truck I assume it would be a simple replacement. My main concern is the seats (brackets lining up, Big Horn power seats wiring harness working with Rebel power seats. Also, converting from regular fold up center console to a full barrier center console. Just conducting research before I start scowering junk yards and spending money on rebel interior pieces.

I'm sure someone is going to hint that seat covers is the more practical option but I'm only interesting in doing a full rebel interior conversion. I always wanted a Rebel because I thought their interior design was head and shoulders above the competition. I would have just bought a Rebel until I discovered they used a different transfer case then the big horn and didn't come with AWD (which is a must where I live). So now I'm clinging to the chance that I might possibly be able to get the best of both worlds.

Brads41789

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Everything would bolt up the same as yours. If you already have power/heated seats then you would need no additional wiring. The door panels are also 100% interchangeable (just make sure they include the handle surround or you'll be left to buy those separately).

cornelius967

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 G/T
Engine
HEMI 5.7 w/eTorque
Please post updates. I've been wondering about the possibility of changing out the console in my 2021 RAM 1500 for one with an actual shifter (I've come to really dislike that poorly designed and positioned "rotary" transmission selector on the dash of the RAM).

Dylan Campbell

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would be interested in a portion of this process as well. I recently did a katzkin leather coversion and swapped out my door panels with a Rebel Panels. Now I am trying to find a place to source some additional Rebel dash trim pieces and ideally a center console.

Tim7139

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Classic ST Crew 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi w/8 speed 3.92 gears
Te dash is a royal PITA, but the other parts are forward. Check the 4th gen DIY for similar swaps.

Tim7139

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Classic ST Crew 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi w/8 speed 3.92 gears
Please post updates. I've been wondering about the possibility of changing out the console in my 2021 RAM 1500 for one with an actual shifter (I've come to really dislike that poorly designed and positioned "rotary" transmission selector on the dash of the RAM).
The 4th gen Rebel interior swap the OP is referring to does not alter the shift knob.

Lots of talk about trying to mod in a TRX shifter to a 5th gen, but I've not found a thread showing it done yet.