Dead power driver seat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Becker11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Gents,

I hope to one day contribute to the great solutions you all provide. Until then, I'll just keep coming back for your expert advice.

My SO got in the truck the other day and tried to move the power driver seat forward. Nothing happened. I figured it was just a blown fuse so no big deal.

Boy was I wrong...

When I popped open the fuse box, I could smell the heat. These seats have some sort of thermal circuit breaker instead of the usual 12v single use fuses.

I pulled the breaker with my fingers and ended up with a couple of nice blisters.

First, I thought it was just a bad fuse/breaker so I pulled an identical one from a few slots over and pushed it in. Immediately, it was so hot I could barely pull it out.

Now I'm thinking there must be a short somewhere in the seat mechanism.

I've inspected all of the pigtails and connectors under my seat and didn't find anything broken, pinched or bent.

I'm taking a shot in the dark here, hoping someone has experienced this and found a failure point.

I really don't want to take the seat out but that might be my next step.

2016 1500 Bighorn. Heated front seats. Power adjusts base height and tilt, forward, backward, lumbar support, and seat back tilt

Thoughts?

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Both seat control and lumbar control are both dead ?

Last edited:

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Other than check the fuse, and plugs under the seat I would be lost.