Diablosport intune I3 platinum vs superchip flashpaq f5

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Commander 06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am thinking of buying a programmer have a hard time deciding seeing I have no experience with these two brands I have always used hypertech and they don't make a tuner for my truck any one have any experience with either the diablosport intune I3 platinum or the superchip flashpaq f5

H1Chester

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I am looking at them as well, and don't know why anyone wouldn't just spend the additional $100 for the trinity.

OP
OP
Commander 06

Commander 06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am looking at them as well, and don't know why anyone wouldn't just spend the additional $100 for the trinity.

I think the Trinity is nice but I'm not looking for something mounted on the dash I like the clean look and I do drive into the city sometimes and I don't want prying eyes looking and seeing something they may want to steel

H1Chester

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I think the Trinity is nice but I'm not looking for something mounted on the dash I like the clean look and I do drive into the city sometimes and I don't want prying eyes looking and seeing something they may want to steel

True I can see your point there. Clean look can be good. Other than the display do the both do the same thing? Obviously you don't get the drag strip functionality with the intune.

OP
OP
Commander 06

Commander 06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
As far as I can tell they both do the same except the diablosport intune I3 platinum has three things over the f5. Diablo can support custom tune which I don't think I would use for the fact I'm not that grate with computers and it probably cost a lot seeing you have to go therw a third party tuner and it can disable electronic stability control .. for mad burnouts and donuts in the snow and a third it has throttle booster capabilities but only up to 20% increase

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Custom tunes are easy they are no where near expensive as gettng a tune on the dyno.

The ability of the Diablosport programmers to download a custom tune is definitely a plus.

The results of the custom tunes are head and shoulders above the "canned" tunes that come with the programmer.

OP
OP
Commander 06

Commander 06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Custom tunes are easy they are no where near expensive as gettng a tune on the dyno.

The ability of the Diablosport programmers to download a custom tune is definitely a plus.

The results of the custom tunes are head and shoulders above the "canned" tunes that come with the programmer.

If I'm paying for a tuner I don't want to pay more for a custom tune if it was free yeah ok but to pay another $100 or so for a custom tune even if it that grate I'm not looking for a race truck I am just looking for the best tuner for the money I would like more so just to add a few hp adjust some throttle response and possible remove esp .. I have A ram 4.7 and want to beat f150 5.0.. not that far off of hp and QT my buddy with a f150 5.0 is only about a half truck on me at the stop lights we run

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
A custom tune won't make it a race truck.

However, if you want a unit that is easy to use, will help you modify some things on your truck and is expandable if you change your mind about the custom tune, get the Diablosport.

crackerjack1957

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport 1500 CC 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7...65RFE...4.56
If I'm paying for a tuner I don't want to pay more for a custom tune if it was free yeah ok but to pay another $100 or so for a custom tune even if it that grate I'm not looking for a race truck I am just looking for the best tuner for the money I would like more so just to add a few hp adjust some throttle response and possible remove esp .. I have A ram 4.7 and want to beat f150 5.0.. not that far off of hp and QT my buddy with a f150 5.0 is only about a half truck on me at the stop lights we run
Sound like racing to me......LoL
Custom tune won't make it a race truck but will get you there quicker than the canned tunes that come with the programmers or the F5

Tim Garceau

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport Quad BSP
Engine
3.92 8 Speed 5.7 4X4
I wouldn’t half ass it either, either do a full custom tune or keep it stock.

If you can find someone local with a custom tune, have a seat and that $275 for an email will be dangling out of your pocket. It’s the drive-ability and engine/transmission longevity I paid for. The extra power is just a bonus.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine

Hell if all you need is a 1/2 length,pull your tailgate/spare tire/tonnue if you have one,and clean everything unneccassary out of the truck,like tools etc.,and run your gas tank down to under a 1/4 tank,then race him right after he's filled his truck up,lol.Old rule of thumb is every 100lbs adds roughly a tenth,and other old rule of thumb is every tenth is roughly a length,pull a couple hundred lbs out of the truck,and there's your couple lengths,lol

Tim Garceau

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport Quad BSP
Engine
3.92 8 Speed 5.7 4X4
*Sorry didn’t realize you had a 4.7, that 5.0 is either a first year or really tired if you are close.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Commander 06

Commander 06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hell if all you need is a 1/2 length,pull your tailgate/spare tire/tonnue if you have one,and clean everything unneccassary out of the truck,like tools etc.,and run your gas tank down to under a 1/4 tank,then race him right after he's filled his truck up,lol.Old rule of thumb is every 100lbs adds roughly a tenth,and other old rule of thumb is every tenth is roughly a length,pull a couple hundred lbs out of the truck,and there's your couple lengths,lol

I do carry a lot of tools and I do have a tonnue cover that's why I'm thinking just a canned tune and a throttle booster would be more than enough for what I want to do with my truck maby later down the road I'll think about a custom tune and bigger throttle body to run up on an Ecoboost witch I do believe run faster then the hemis but not sure

Midnight Storm

One Badass Ram
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The best tune for the money listed in your opening post is the i3 platinum with jay greene custom tunes. If it doesn’t have a custom tune, it’s not worth buying.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I do carry a lot of tools and I do have a tonnue cover that's why I'm thinking just a canned tune and a throttle booster would be more than enough for what I want to do with my truck maby later down the road I'll think about a custom tune and bigger throttle body to run up on an Ecoboost witch I do believe run faster then the hemis but not sure

Yea it'll take more then a tune on a 4.7 to play with a stock EcoBoost,lol.To play with one of them,you'll either want to get ahold of Nick at AirRam and see if he can fix you up with one of his blower set-ups,or put a 100 shot of nitrous on it.I never put nitrous on my old 4.7,but there have been a couple guys who've ran a 100 shot on the 4.7 and apparently the little engine will take it.FYI if you haven't put a catch can on it,i'd recommend one.My old 4.7 used to fill a catch can faster then my Hemi does,so they're a worth while investment on a 4.7 in my opinion. My old 4.7 used surprise a few bone stock Hemi trucks,and with the speed limiter opened up,would easily blow past them wide open,lol.