Did you buy any Black Friday deals for your truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Was anyone able capitalize on hot Black Friday deals (or upcoming pre X-mas sales) for any truck treats?

Yardbird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well, I filled it up with Shell gas after riding around in the mountains most of the day, then having Thanksgiving dinner at Cracker Barrell.

So, I treated it to a full tank of Top Tier gas, which Shell is all I run in it if possible. I get between 1 - 2 more mpg out of it.

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
I put money on my cc for HPL's Cyber Monday 25% savings day...
Need a 4-gallon box of HPL SC 0W30.

I thought RL HP 5W30 was expensive...lol, this HPL SC stuff is liquid unobtanium!

Although, Cabala's Black Friday deal did see me getting a new Winchester Defender SXP 18" barrel on order the other day (can't go wrong for $275 plus tax).... I can tuck that in my truck for sure... ;)

Black-Wolf

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just ordered a set of replacement tweeters (Rockford Fosgate Power For some reason they are censoring the ACTUAL PART NUMBER - I KNOW WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE IT SPELLS - BUT THAT IS THE PART NUMBER! TT-S - put a number 1 between the two T's! - and HERE's the LINK for you doubters: Crutchfield) for the headliner (I blew out - as in D E A D) the Infinity Reference REF-375tx 's I had installed to replace the OEM China Crap, and a set of Infinity 3032cmx 's for the JBL Club 322f 's, which I also blew out (I didn't like how "tinny" and "shrill" they sounded anyway) for the center dash (yes, I know it's only 1x speaker there - but you usually have to order all but the most expensive ones in pairs/sets - at least I've got a spare if I need it). That all being said, I do like the REF-375tx 's as they work great in the dash corners, so not really sure how I blew out the headliner ones.

Here's my setup (it works great - lots of bass and treble where I want it. We'll see how the new speakers do when I get them on Monday - note the car diagram is only being used as a reference image since my crewcab has the same seat configuration but I couldn't find a outline of the RAM (or any other) truck). Also, I'm not 100% sure on the Amplifier. There is almost no info out there, but I was able to use Alpha OBD to verify the channels being used for which speaker - everything else on it is a SWAG):

1700858020433.png

Last edited:

JETHRO81

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I’m on American truck website now as I’m writing this but they don’t have any that my truck can’t live without ???? ANYBODY know of anyplace that is doing legitimate deals on savings ??? Tires (35” nitro grapplers) for example or accessories ???? Light bars ??

OP
OP
J

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just ordered a set of replacement tweeters (Rockford Fosgate Power ***-S) for the headliner (I blew out - as in D E A D) the Infinity Reference REF-375tx 's I had installed to replace the OEM China Crap.....

Here's my setup (it works great - lots of bass and treble where I want it. We'll see how the new speakers do when I get them on Monday....

Wow, that's a great post. I'm going to read it and check out your system carefully tonight when I have more time. I've been thinking of doing 'something' to improve my truck's audio ....hopefully keeping the radio. Thanks for the post.

Only thing I bought so far (not tk related) was a hand-held 6" 20V hand-held chainsaw pruner for $29.99. One of those Walmart half-price flash deals. Course afterwards, I saw a little better 8" pruner with a larger motor and battery that was only $7 more..lol. But it quickly sold out (dang). Stick with what I bought I guess. The Y/T reviews are decent. Won't get used very often/yr. On the truck side, I've been thinking about ordering a replacement (vinyl only) Truxedo bed cover.

Last edited:

Black-Wolf

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wow, that's a great post. I'm going to read it and check out your system carefully tonight when I have more time. I've been thinking of doing 'something' to improve my truck's audio ....hopefully keeping the radio. Thanks for the post.

Only thing I bought so far (not tk related) was a hand-held 6" 20V hand-held chainsaw pruner for $29.99. One of those Walmart half-price flash deals. Course afterwards, I saw a little better 8" pruner with a larger motor and battery that was only $7 more..lol. But it quickly sold out (dang). Stick with what I bought I guess. The Y/T reviews are decent. Won't get used very often/yr. On the truck side, I've been thinking about ordering a replacement (vinyl only) Truxedo bed cover.
@Jeepwalker: I just posted more detailed info here: https://www.ramforum.com/threads/what-did-you-do-with-your-4th-gen-this-week.34480/ Glad you like the post!

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I didn't buy anything for my truck but did grab a few extra jeep parts.

seahawkdodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bought GTR tail lights to replace the failing LED factory ones.

PA Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not really black Friday, but just got and installed 7 inch premium cluster the other day and ordered parts to add audio controls to my steering wheel.

Last edited:

Cableman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi

PA Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just ordered a set of replacement tweeters (Rockford Fosgate Power For some reason they are censoring the ACTUAL PART NUMBER - I KNOW WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE IT SPELLS - BUT THAT IS THE PART NUMBER! TT-S - put a number 1 between the two T's! - and HERE's the LINK for you doubters: Crutchfield) for the headliner (I blew out - as in D E A D) the Infinity Reference REF-375tx 's I had installed to replace the OEM China Crap, and a set of Infinity 3032cmx 's for the JBL Club 322f 's, which I also blew out (I didn't like how "tinny" and "shrill" they sounded anyway) for the center dash (yes, I know it's only 1x speaker there - but you usually have to order all but the most expensive ones in pairs/sets - at least I've got a spare if I need it). That all being said, I do like the REF-375tx 's as they work great in the dash corners, so not really sure how I blew out the headliner ones.

Here's my setup (it works great - lots of bass and treble where I want it. We'll see how the new speakers do when I get them on Monday - note the car diagram is only being used as a reference image since my crewcab has the same seat configuration but I couldn't find a outline of the RAM (or any other) truck). Also, I'm not 100% sure on the Amplifier. There is almost no info out there, but I was able to use Alpha OBD to verify the channels being used for which speaker - everything else on it is a SWAG):

View attachment 532272
I just ordered a bunch of speakers for my truck. I didn't go expensive just wanted an upgrade over stock. Got Pioneer 3 way 6x9's front and back and Kicker 3 1/2 for my corner fronts. Both speaker types had great reviews including Ram specific reviews. I already changed to the UAQ in my truck and am upgrading steering wheel when those come in.

K2EPM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I have my RAM 1500 Laramie about 6 weeks now....I'm feeling there aren't as many folks Modding these things as when I had my two Wranglers.

Black-Wolf

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have my RAM 1500 Laramie about 6 weeks now....I'm feeling there aren't as many folks Modding these things as when I had my two Wranglers.
There's not as much of a market in the RAM lineup for modding as there is for Jeeps. People love modding the hell out of Jeeps, Outbacks, Tacomas, etc., just not RAMs.. That's ok - makes mine even more special! Got something hot coming next year!

WhiteRamBighorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 L V6
Well, I filled it up with Shell gas after riding around in the mountains most of the day, then having Thanksgiving dinner at Cracker Barrell.

So, I treated it to a full tank of Top Tier gas, which Shell is all I run in it if possible. I get between 1 - 2 more mpg out of it.
Motor oil is motor oil!

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Ordered a BakFlip hard folding tonneau cover. I have a hard folding cover now that is bulletproof, but I have wanted one for a while and thought I would try it out.