Dimming interior lights when truck is off?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

21SilverRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello!

I have a 2022 Warlock. When sitting in my truck after turning it off. Is there a way to dim the radio and display lights? It’s so damn bright! I work midnights and sometimes sit in my truck a bit before going into work.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Matt

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello!

I have a 2022 Warlock. When sitting in my truck after turning it off. Is there a way to dim the radio and display lights? It’s so damn bright! I work midnights and sometimes sit in my truck a bit before going into work.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Matt
Post # 3, switch #2. Turn it all the way down, When turned all the way up, you actually feel a lil indent before U get to the highest setting. Switch #1 is for interior ambient lighting, and U may/or may not have that switch, depending upon trim level and installed options.

OP
OP
21SilverRam

21SilverRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I know how dimmer works. I have the second picture dimmer on mine But when the truck is turned off with power still on before you open the doors the dimmer does nothing the radio and dashboard lights are super bright. Maybe mine is not working how it should!!!

Last edited:

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I know how dimmer works. I have the second picture dimmer on mine But when the truck is turned off with power still on before you open the doors the dimmer does nothing the radio and dashboard lights are super bright. Maybe mine is not working how it should!!!
I think it happens when the engine off power delay kicks in, which is an adjustable setting in the radio. Mine acts similarly.

Just checked mine and it's set to 45 seconds. Maybe zero would fix it?

Not entirely sure, but it is crazy bright sometimes.

Last edited:

Curmudgeon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 Laramie 4x4 QC, True Blue Pearl
Engine
5.7L Hemi

Mine works as you describe. 4th Gen, 2014 Laramie.
IIRC I can at least turn off the "radio" display, which makes it go blank but still backlit, so, a little better?
But the dash/evic remains on and full bright, and both do if I want to listen to the radio.
My dimmer does nothing unless the outside lights, the parking lights at least, are switched on. If the outside lights are off and the push button is set to ACC so I can listen to the radio, the dash is at max illumination and cannot be changed by any method I have found.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for all your help guys. I think Curmudgeon is right! Nothing can be done to dim this light
Here is work around I think works. Set your exterior lighting to 30 seconds delay. Once at destination turn off truck. Staying seated Open door than close door. After 30 seconds all displays should dim down than go out. The Press brake to start stays on for 45 seconds, all lighting in truck is shut down till you open door to get out. Just checked and timed on my 5th Gen

Last edited:

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here is work around I think works. Set your exterior lighting to 30 seconds delay. Once at destination turn off truck. Staying seated Open door than close door. After 30 seconds all displays should dim down than go out. The Press brake to start stays on for 45 seconds, all lighting in truck is shut down till you open door to get out. Just checked and timed on my 5th Gen

That sounds good except if you want to listen to the radio. :cool:

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
That sounds good except if you want to listen to the radio. :cool:

I know you are just kidding, but honestly you aren't far off the mark. Some of the things people post that they want these pickups to do is absolutely asinine. It was not very many years ago that they couldn't do 90% of what they do now, and these guys want the Friggin pickup to read their mind too. When AI really gets going these guys will be ecstatic. I keep my 1996 so I can drive something that doesn't try to anticipate every wild hair up my ass thought I ever have.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
toss an old T-shirt or towel in the truck
when you want to dim the instrument panel light.
lay the cloth over the steering wheel or dashboard.

shut everything off & use a portable dim light & radio
If your staking out some people or property, take a wide mouth plastic bottle with you
haha