Disconnected hose

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kenny Bobb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
2014 Ram 1500 5.7. Went under the truck to do an oil change and found what seems to be a vacuum hose hanging loose, I can’t find where it should be connected. It’s on the driver side under the brake booster rear of the wheel well. See photo. Looking for ideas where it connects.
8E0D5795-5B9D-4A8F-A111-50AA467C16B9.jpeg

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
2014 Ram 1500 5.7. Went under the truck to do an oil change and found what seems to be a vacuum hose hanging loose, I can’t find where it should be connected. It’s on the driver side under the brake booster rear of the wheel well. See photo. Looking for ideas where it connects.
View attachment 506901
It's the breather vent for your 8 speed transmission,there should be a bracket/clip to hold it on the backside of the engine so it lays more on top of the engine then down by the manifold. If the clip is buggered a zip tie should hold it in place so it isn't melting onto the manifold.I'm guessing either the engine or transmission have been worked on,and the clip was never clipped back in place.