Driver door seal leaking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ColesRAM

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8
I’ve been having issues with wet/damp carpet on the driver side floor. I’ve got Husky floor mats and when I remove them the carpet underneath is damp to the touch. Tried a water check but couldn’t pin point where the leak was coming from. Took it into the dealer's hip today because I also had the center tail light leaking as well. The dealer called and advised that the center tail light was covered under the extend warranty. However the door leakage was coming from the seals, and not covered by warranty. Both the driver door seal and the frame seal needs replacing . That would run $400.00 …… and it would be three weeks to get the seals.
Anyone here have experience with the door seals leaking, and if so, how did you fix it.

chopperman1

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Rebel
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Never seen it mentioned. I would wait and see if the 3rd light fixed it. If you have a sunroof the drains could be blocked. If someone tried blowing them out with high pressure they have been known to separate in the front pillars.

OP
OP
ColesRAM

ColesRAM

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8
The damp/wet carpet is in the front floor, on the driver side near by the brake and gas pedal. Dont think the center brake light leak (which has already stained the head liner) has anything to do with the wet front floor carpet. Dont see them as related.

OP
OP
ColesRAM

ColesRAM

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8
So, no one has had a driver door seal leakage problem before? I’m the first one? Hmm……. Thanks anyway

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So, no one has had a driver door seal leakage problem before? I’m the first one? Hmm……. Thanks anyway

I can't say that I've ever experienced a wet carpet but I have noticed the ingress of winter road chemicals, creeping up the door sills and have breached the rubber seal on all of the doors.

The rubber door gaskets are not sealing sufficiently against the chassis to prevent water ingress.

With my '07 Tundra during the winter from 2008/2009 through 2020/2021, all 4 door sills remained clean, past the rubber seals.

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The damp/wet carpet is in the front floor, on the driver side near by the brake and gas pedal. Dont think the center brake light leak (which has already stained the head liner) has anything to do with the wet front floor carpet. Dont see them as related.
I’ll play skeptic. I’ve had near zero faulty door weatherstripping experience in over 40 years of driving, I don’t think it’s your weatherstripping. The dealer thinks both the body and door seal are bad at the same time on a 2020 truck? I’m having a hard time with that one. Sounds more like the door isn’t properly aligned than both seals going bad at the same time. Spraying the door with a water hose should reveal a seal leak pretty quick. Did the dealer demonstrate where it was leaking for you? From where you described the wet spot it’s near the center console area back near the firewall. That is the area you’ll get wet carpet from a clogged AC drain as the AC systems run in these trucks whenever the climate control is on. A leaking heater core. Clogged cowling drains. Windshield seal. Personally I’d get a second opinion.