Dropped my 2019 off for Ceramic Coating, PPF, and Tint today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ryelinek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Going to be without my truck for about a week. Dropped it off today to get a few things done. The detail shop is doing Ceramic Tint on the front windows, Paint Protection Film on the front of the truck, and a Gyeon Q2 DuraFlex Ceramic Coating on the entire truck.

I’m too lazy to wax all the time and I’d rather get this done. The coating I’m getting has a gloss/candy paint effect and should make the Granite Crystal really pop. Can’t wait to get it back next week.

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’m too lazy to wax all the time and I’d rather get this done.
Too be honest bro,....ceramic coating is on whole another level. It blows waxes away. Good call.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
For the long haul, it's the best choice. Glad to see you having your truck protected from the elements and rock chips. Lots of us wait and plan to do it later and when we finally get it done, it may be to late, the damage has already been done.
Jay

OP
OP
Ryelinek

Ryelinek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
9575C131-61BE-46ED-8D5B-9E9B13BC6E67.pngPost from my detailer with my truck. This is just with paint correction and polish. Tint, PPF, and Ceramic Coat won’t go on until next week and it’s going to look even better then!

ScottFL

U.S. Navy Gulf War Vet
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 RAM 1500 Laramie Longhorn 4X4
Engine
HEMI 5.7
DJ Mayo doesn't realize he's got himself a new 19 5th gen in the shop

OP
OP
Ryelinek

Ryelinek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
DJ Mayo doesn't realize he's got himself a new 19 5th gen in the shop

Lol yea I think that was a quick mistake. He’s knows it’s a 19 though hah.

Kevin C

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Going to be without my truck for about a week. Dropped it off today to get a few things done. The detail shop is doing Ceramic Tint on the front windows, Paint Protection Film on the front of the truck, and a Gyeon Q2 DuraFlex Ceramic Coating on the entire truck.

I’m too lazy to wax all the time and I’d rather get this done. The coating I’m getting has a gloss/candy paint effect and should make the Granite Crystal really pop. Can’t wait to get it back next week.

Do you mind sharing how much that is costing you? I'm guessing $2K - $3K?

OP
OP
Ryelinek

Ryelinek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Do you mind sharing how much that is costing you? I'm guessing $2K - $3K?

Not at all and good guess. It’s 2500 for everything. Granted everything is more expensive in Northern VA for stuff like this. The ceramic coat though is Gyeons high end with a 5 year warranty and their stuff is some of the best of the best. Price was a little more than what I wanted to spend but will be worth it.

Kevin C

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not at all and good guess. It’s 2500 for everything. Granted everything is more expensive in Northern VA for stuff like this. The ceramic coat though is Gyeons high end with a 5 year warranty and their stuff is some of the best of the best. Price was a little more than what I wanted to spend but will be worth it.
Yeah, it’s expensive in Northern California too. Trying to decide if I want to drop that kind of coin for it. Very tempting.

OP
OP
Ryelinek

Ryelinek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Yeah, it’s expensive in Northern California too. Trying to decide if I want to drop that kind of coin for it. Very tempting.

In the long run it’s going to be totally worth it plus I hate having to wax but love having a fresh looking vehicle. Also for me getting the painted bumpers on my Limited it just made the decision that much easier to keep everything looking pristine.

Kinetic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Honestly it's very rare to leave a coating on for longer than 2 years, much less have it last longer than 2 years. Through driving and washing and other environmental variables, the coating will get scratched and swirled and you'll want to have that nice swirl free shine again sooner rather than later. Even a light polish will remove a coating. Also consider the maintenance required to keep a coating performing as it should.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Most swirls and scratches can be avoided by using proper washing techniques and using the proper microfiber towels. Sealants and or wax can be applied over most coating to give your truck added protection. My coating has lasted more than two years however I park in a garage and take exceptional care of the paint. Coating will help protect your trucks surface but it still requires reasonable care. If you drive through what I call "tunnels of destruction"(touch car wash)every week, sooner or later you will end up with scratches and swirls. Coatings are great, but they have some limitations.
Jay

Last edited:

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bet it looks amazing in person, especially that color!
I have been toying with getting the ceramic coating. Just drove back in from NoVA myself. Only one car detonated in an antifreeze eruption in front of me on 66 today....now my work truck smells like hell...

Witch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
Good call man, I got mine done a few months back

Really digging the results, after two years of waxing every quarter I was ready

To wash I rinse off with power washer and then use ONR with a top quality micro fiber and dry with top quality waffle weave one panel at a time

crappy media will give you crappy results

Finish with Adams Ceramic Boost , when that runs out going to try Reload and see witch one preforms better

The Adams is insane so Reload will have its work cut out for it

Sure you are going to be digging this

OP
OP
Ryelinek

Ryelinek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Got mine back today. REALLY happy with the results. The gloss and shine on the Ceramic Coat is just incredible. Can’t wait to wash it next weekend to see the water bead off. They did a great job with the PPF too.

It’s hard to really appreciate in photos. The PPF really blends in well and the reflection on the paint is awesome. You gotta see it in person to really see the quality. My wife who could care less about this stuff was SUPER impressed. Made the price less painful for her in the end haha.

E7CB6753-CAE1-4C72-AB99-C2162533B87C.jpeg E25AC9E3-3F3F-4924-A006-1961FE8F5413.jpeg 3994059B-C092-46F4-8FB2-D234F6DCD459.jpeg 425CC6FE-B46B-46EC-9B39-7BCB03741E60.jpeg

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Really looks good!!!! The protection will serve you well.
Happy wife=Happy life
Jay