ECU and Key fobs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KRaymond

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Been doing a lot of reading but don't seem to find definitive answers. I recently bought a 2010 2500 6.7 Cummins truck. The truck had previously had water damage an I've found out it had a different ECU installed. I ordered the correct one and had it programmed to my VIN. After installing it, the truck starts but only runs for a couple seconds then stops. If I keep trying it will eventually not do anything. If I disconnect the battery and reconnect it x it will start again but do the same thing. Also both key fobs no longer unlock the truck. Do they need to be reprogrammed? If so, how is it done. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Been doing a lot of reading but don't seem to find definitive answers. I recently bought a 2010 2500 6.7 Cummins truck. The truck had previously had water damage an I've found out it had a different ECU installed. I ordered the correct one and had it programmed to my VIN. After installing it, the truck starts but only runs for a couple seconds then stops. If I keep trying it will eventually not do anything. If I disconnect the battery and reconnect it x it will start again but do the same thing. Also both key fobs no longer unlock the truck. Do they need to be reprogrammed? If so, how is it done. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!
This may be the WIN module and FOBs need to be reprogrammed to the truck.