Electronic Gremlins are becoming tiresome

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Travelin Ram

Reaction score
Somewhere in NA. Probably. We travel a lot.
Ram Year
Engine
Today’s event was “camera system unavailable”. Occurred on startup in the middle of the afternoon. Shifted in and out of reverse, no bueno. Tried the surround cam icon repeatedly, not available. Went away on the next start later the same day.

For context, the truck has intermittent glitches with the XM radio, TPMS, Stability control, and probably a few more I’ve forgotten. Oh yeah, the automatic door locks. And the weirdness with downhill compression braking. And the rear locker light that flashes.

Nothing crippling, and always intermittent, but not confidence inspiring when you’re 25 miles from pavement, like I was today.

When I get back home later in the year I’ll take it into the dealer and have them run some diagnostics, I’m hoping maybe they’ll find some fault in the network that’s affecting multiple systems. If not, it may be sayonara. My tolerance for malfunction is not very high.

tpk0999

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Today’s event was “camera system unavailable”. Occurred on startup in the middle of the afternoon. Shifted in and out of reverse, no bueno. Tried the surround cam icon repeatedly, not available. Went away on the next start later the same day.

For context, the truck has intermittent glitches with the XM radio, TPMS, Stability control, and probably a few more I’ve forgotten. Oh yeah, the automatic door locks. And the weirdness with downhill compression braking. And the rear locker light that flashes.

Nothing crippling, and always intermittent, but not confidence inspiring when you’re 25 miles from pavement, like I was today.

When I get back home later in the year I’ll take it into the dealer and have them run some diagnostics, I’m hoping maybe they’ll find some fault in the network that’s affecting multiple systems. If not, it may be sayonara. My tolerance for malfunction is not very high.
The current unconnect system doesn't seem as smooth as previous version. In my opinion atleast.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
T

Travelin Ram

Reaction score
Somewhere in NA. Probably. We travel a lot.
Ram Year
Engine
Today’s weirdness: crossing a mountain pass the temperature display went down to 49. Probably about right. And it stayed there as I descended. No change in displayed outside temperature for about an hour or more, as I descended several thousand feet. Over several stops and restarts. Finally, later in the evening it jumped up to the mid 60’s (about right) after being parked 20 minutes or so. Seems normal after that.

I think there’s a poltergeist on the canbus or something.