Electronic throttle control light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajent

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Truck has 3000 miles on it. This morning I tried to start it but couldn't, the ETC light would show every time. I finally disconnected the battery and reconnected it which fixed it but the truck seems like it has difficulty starting. The only thing that's changed since everything was fine is a trailer place installed a brake controller Prodigy II.
This wouldn't affect anything would it?

Thanks

Sent from the Matrix

Ocelot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I installed a Prodigy also. Those are really nice brake controllers! Been using them for years. It shouldn't have anything to do with the throttle. There's literally nothing to install on the prodigy. If the truck was wired for a trailer, all you do to install it is plug a Dodge Prodigy cable into the connector that is already hanging under the dash above your left leg.

However, they MAY have loosened the throttle connector or damaged a wire while they were under there connecting the prodigy cable and mounting the Prodigy.

By the way. Where did they mount the Prodigy on your truck?

OP
OP
ajent

ajent

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
They mounted it under the steering wheel all the way to the right. I dont like seeing it but oh well

Sent from the Matrix

Ocelot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They mounted it under the steering wheel all the way to the right. I dont like seeing it but oh well

Sent from the Matrix

That's where I mounted mine. under the dash as far right as I could go, close to the flip down cup holder.

You really do need it visible and easily accessible though. Just in case you need to manually hit the trailer brakes without the truck brakes. In a sway situation, for example.

Trupiano

Reaction score
Hometown : Puyallup,WA Stationed : Little Rock,
Ram Year
2010 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L CTD
If it's only got 3k miles, just take it to the dealer. Definately shouldn't have a problem starting that soon, and it's 100% not related to your brake controller. Moved this to the tech section BTW.

OP
OP
ajent

ajent

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Oh OK. Sorry for wrong area.
I've installed after market stereo. They can't try to blame it on that will they? And threaten warranty?

Sent from the Matrix