Electronic Throttle Control Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mjb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I noticed a red lightening bolt on dash lit up. Looked it up , and manual says ETC (electronic throttle control error) Shortly after truck died. Restarted would only roll 3-5 mph throttle responded to nothing. Turned off and back on truck ran fine still have red light . Purchased new throttle position sensor from dealership still not corrected. Any input?

HLram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2007
Engine
Hemi 5.7 in both
maybe try and disconnect battery to clear the code and see if it comes back?

Trupiano

Reaction score
Hometown : Puyallup,WA Stationed : Little Rock,
Ram Year
2010 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L CTD
Wish I could help you out here man, but after a 5 minute search I cant find any certain diagnosis. Any warranty left?

Only thing I can recommend from reading, is to have your battery tested. Sounds wierd, but that's what I read on 3 separate threads to be the problem.

OP
OP
M

mjb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for quick response , i tried the disconnecting the neg terminal didnt help, 7000 left under warranty but i hate taking it to dealership , last time they kept it for a week to replace 4 manifold bolts.

OP
OP
M

mjb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I tried battery again , no change, removed dan the fastman ported throttle , put old one on and problem corrected. I have contacted dan twice in last 48 hours no response, which is what led me to ask the forum , he came highly recomended, i guess im going to find out what his customer service is like as the Throttle Body is 5/6 weeks old. I'll let you all know how it goes.

Havix00

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 1500 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have this same issue now, after having tried to mess with my aftermarket TB. Disconnected the battery and put my stock TB back, but this DIDN'T clear the issue. It's sitting at the dealership right now.

Any advice (if you remember)?

Sent from my iPhone

jlb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Go to Oreilly's and get a code reader?

At least then you would know why the light is on. I would say that is the best place to start. You might get slightly more info than just the general throttle error.

Havix00

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 1500 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Go to Oreilly's and get a code reader?

Funny things... I thought that my DS InTune was able to read codes, but when I connected it, it said "No codes to read". I looked in the owner's manual and it said a flashing lightning bolt means ETC problems and to seek dealership services immediately. I guess only the dealer can reset the ETC.

I wish there was an override function to where I could manually dismiss the "limp mode" restriction the engine imposes on itself.

jlb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Touche!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member